Vacationing with the Rona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacationing with the Rona

Wife and I are wanting to book a vacation somewhere in April however not sure where we should go with all this Covid crap. Would like it to be a destination outside the US if possible. Wine country in Cali will have to wait another year.

Would appreciate some ideas

We usually go to cabo or cozumel. Thinking about changing it up and doing los barriles, which is a small village north of san jose del cabo. I have been to cabo and guatemala last july and october with no issues. The only thing different now is having to find a test before you come back to the states, and i have already looked into it and it seems easy.

Comment

No recommendations outside the US if trying to avoid the ‘rona. Maybe an island somewhere in the Caribbean, off Central America. One day when the climate in Venezuela improves I suggest everyone to check out Los Roques. It’s off the radar for most Americans but a great place to visit and unwind. Do some bone fishing, boating or scuba etc. Only pavement is the runway.

Keep in mind you’ll now have to show a negative test to fly back into the US on your return.
      Last edited by bdubb; 02-02-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Greenland, China, NZ, Fiji, or Australia...

Comment

Good Luck man.. wife and I have been trying to plan something the last couple of months, and every place we want to go requires flying.. so not really up for that yet.

Comment

I think Australia is still a mandatory 14 day and roughly $3k hotel quarantine upon arrival.

Comment

North Pole maybe

Comment

North Pole huh.. Might have to look into that lol.

Comment

We usually go somewhere outside the US for a vacation each year. This year, just decided to rent a small house in Wimberly this spring. Do some fishing, eat some good food, relax and turn off technology for a week. Much cheaper and probably going to be much more enjoyable. Wife turns 40 this year and we wanted to do Italy but I'm not flying overseas with a stupid mask on. We will shelf that until things settle down.

Comment

Mexican resorts have the best deal right now, if you catch it they let you stay there for free, food and everything included until you test negative and reenter the USA.

Myself, I ain’t testing the new policy

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      North Pole maybe
                      OP said April, I'd do south pole. Might be a bit warmer.

OP, my understanding is most resorts in Mexico are at like 10-20% capacity, and offer free covid tests before you depart. Also heard, if you test positive, they will comp you the room, and keep bringing food and drinks.

I'd support Mexico, but I am bias because they were very supportive of Trump.

Comment

My recommendation would be a road trip versus getting on an airplane.

Book a VRBO somewhere within a days drive from where you are and go relax and enjoy each other.

A great get away can be right down the road from where you live.

I rented a cabin down in Estes Park over Valentines Day weekend. My wife and I will have a great time just relaxing and probably doing a little snowshoeing. We could do the same thing right here where we live but getting away just a few hours south will be a lot of fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Cali was another country

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                            I thought Cali was another country
                            LOL, yes you are right. The wife likes the wine country however I said maybe next year when thing cool down however secretly I have no desire to go to California

Comment

Me and the ol lady and her family are headed to Cabo in a couple of weeks. They said the entire resort is at 25% capacity and give the onsite covid test before you leave. Some of these resorts got some great deals right now. Obviously because of the rona.

Comment

Working...
                              X