Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally getting LASIK! Have a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting LASIK! Have a few questions.

So I’m scheduled for lasik finally after waiting a couple years. Really struggled this year seeing the target at 20 yards, so decided it was time. Was also developing double vision on my scope and pins.

My question is, during the consultation they said I could do a blended procedure and it would prevent me from having to have readers for close up vision, but long distance wouldn’t be perfect or get corrected for long distance only, and up close could become blurry in about 5 years.

Has anybody done the blended vision procedure? I’m right eye dominant and explained to them my situation pertaining to archery and bow hunting. I do not rifle hunt at all and shoot every day, so I want to make the best decision. I don’t mind running a verifier in my peep if I need to. Just want to be able to not see 2 sight housings, and be able to see the target out to 100 yards again if possible.

Any and all input is welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it about 10 years ago. My only issue is I see double crosshirs in my scope. They are very very close together. Plenty close to hunt with. Oddly, I get one clear crosshair with all my nikons and my one burris. Double in leupolds and vortex.

Comment

I have it ,but not by choice. One of my eyes changed a few years after the lasik. It has actually been a blessing though. Got used to it & I can see to read w/o cheaters & still see excellent far. My doc said we can enhance the eye to make both for far ,but you will need cheaters immediately. I chose to leave it.

Comment

Boss and several co workers had the blended vision done. It's about 50/50 on whether or not they like the blended vision. Some love it, some hate it and have never gotten used to it.

My suggestion, ask for contacts that will mimic what your vision will be after the surgery, and see if you can get used to it first.

Comment

I had my left eye done 5 years ago. My prescption was -1.5 in the left and -.75 in the right. I can see great at distance...wish i had done it years ago. My close up vision got a little worse, but not enough for me to need readers(yet). Definitely got more blurry over the last couple of years though. No regrets.

Comment

I had it in one eye. Right eye for distance and the other was left alone for close. I can see great, no complaints

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              I had it in one eye. Right eye for distance and the other was left alone for close. I can see great, no complaints
              I was just about to suggest this. Glad someone has done it amd that it works!

Comment

Originally posted by JBizkit View Post
                So I’m scheduled for lasik finally after waiting a couple years. Really struggled this year seeing the target at 20 yards, so decided it was time. Was also developing double vision on my scope and pins.

My question is, during the consultation they said I could do a blended procedure and it would prevent me from having to have readers for close up vision, but long distance wouldn’t be perfect or get corrected for long distance only, and up close could become blurry in about 5 years.

Has anybody done the blended vision procedure? I’m right eye dominant and explained to them my situation pertaining to archery and bow hunting. I do not rifle hunt at all and shoot every day, so I want to make the best decision. I don’t mind running a verifier in my peep if I need to. Just want to be able to not see 2 sight housings, and be able to see the target out to 100 yards again if possible.

Any and all input is welcome!!!

what do you do now for vision correction? I am near sighted and I had the blended vision done several years ago. To see if I liked it I just removed the contact from my non-dominant eye and only wore a contact in my dominant eye. I did this for a few weeks and decided I liked it so went with the blended vision.

Comment

I have clients that come to the ranch and they complain about their eyes feeling dry or bothered by dust, no personal experience with lasik

Comment

I had Lasic done probably 8 years ago in both eyes and was the best money I had spent. My eyes were about -1.5 and -1.75. I wore contacts and sometimes wore glasses. Being in the outdoors made that a hassle.
                    I see crystal clear at distance but I do need readers which I am fine with.
                    I recommend it to anyone, especially if you spend a lot of time in the outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to have PRK lasik done. They could only do one eye at a time and it hurt a little. I still see 20-15 and had the procedure done in 2010. Definitely glad I did it and I plan to get them trimmed up again if this ever declines.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                        what do you do now for vision correction? I am near sighted and I had the blended vision done several years ago. To see if I liked it I just removed the contact from my non-dominant eye and only wore a contact in my dominant eye. I did this for a few weeks and decided I liked it so went with the blended vision.

I have worn contacts for the last few years. Absolutely can not shoot with glasses on. And my eyes just don’t like contacts no matter what brand I buy.

I tried removing a contact and that just made things worse. Contacts never really helped my vision to be honest. I have slight astigmatism, and they just never fit right.

I appreciate all the replies. I’m well aware of the side effects and not worried about halos or decreased night vision, as I have both of those problems severely now.

My main concern was the blended vision or just correct for distance. I’m 41 and if I have to wear reading glasses in a few years so be it. I would rather see long distance to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by JBizkit View Post
                          I have worn contacts for the last few years. Absolutely can not shoot with glasses on. And my eyes just don’t like contacts no matter what brand I buy.

I tried removing a contact and that just made things worse. Contacts never really helped my vision to be honest. I have slight astigmatism, and they just never fit right.

I appreciate all the replies. I’m well aware of the side effects and not worried about halos or decreased night vision, as I have both of those problems severely now.

My main concern was the blended vision or just correct for distance. I’m 41 and if I have to wear reading glasses in a few years so be it. I would rather see long distance to shoot.

Do you know what your prescription is?

Comment

I had lasik done back in 2002 and my distance vision is still fine. Since I work on a computer all day, I use cheaters, but they are only -1.75 and I only need them for reading within a couple of feet. Shooting has not been an issue either.

Comment

What ever you do get the lifetime warranty. Every one in my family had to get surgery again 5 to 10 years down the road .

Comment

Working...
                              X