Lumber Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumber Prices

What the scoop on recent lumber prices. Nothing posted in while. How much have they come down and how much farther will they fall? I`ve had a small project and privacy fence I have put off for almost 2 years now.

About half of what they were a months ago.

Comment

I have 6 cedar posts set on a small pet yard project. Been stalling on buying the cross rails and pickets in hopes things come down. Cedar pickets are still $3.25. The last time I built a fence in Cypress right before Harvey I think I was paying around $2.25 but I could be off on that.

Comment

Sci Houston president said last night his home build went down $25k on lumber prices. I had no idea things had settled out that quickly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m still seeing stupid prices $90 for 3/4 plywood

Comment

I have $18 each on a couple 2" x 10" x 8' at Lowe's on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              I have 6 cedar posts set on a small pet yard project. Been stalling on buying the cross rails and pickets in hopes things come down. Cedar pickets are still $3.25. The last time I built a fence in Cypress right before Harvey I think I was paying around $2.25 but I could be off on that.

WOW!! I too have a fence project that I'm not going to be able to put off much longer... Last time I built a cedar fence, I paid $1.44/picket for #1 6-foot pickets!! Three n a quarter is gonna sting a bit!!

Comment

Lumber is down about 1/2 but plywood and OSB are still high

Comment

I would wait until last quarter. Futures have fallen drastically now gotta wait until that hits the consumer product

Comment

Lumber market seems to be bouncing back this week. Futures is up $40/$60 and is driving the Canadians to dig in and raise prices.

Comment

I’m building a 16x32 cabin and some of the material has really dropped. OSB not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Futures dropped down in the $400s per 1000 board foot this week.

Comment

Futures bounced this week.
                          Now sitting at....
                          Sept $647
                          Nov $634
                          Jan $645

Fires and Covid on the Canadian side is driving alot of emotion. The timber issue will be a long term problem for them. It is a huge reason so many of the Canadian companies have purchased SYP mills in the south.

Another rumor growing is mills announcing downtime for capital projects. Unsurprisingly, many of them are flush with cash/profits. They need to spend some money. West Fraser was buying back their own stock at a premium last week because the balance sheet was too cash heavy. Interfor purchased 4 sawmills from GP a couple months ago and the sale has already finalized.

You will hear next week how active SYP has been and the bullish tone will return...for a short time at least. I would not expect Lumber down is the next month or so....panels yes, Lumber no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony1971 View Post
                            Futures bounced this week.
                            Now sitting at....
                            Sept $647
                            Nov $634
                            Jan $645

Fires and Covid on the Canadian side is driving alot of emotion. The timber issue will be a long term problem for them. It is a huge reason so many of the Canadian companies have purchased SYP mills in the south.

Another rumor growing is mills announcing downtime for capital projects. Unsurprisingly, many of them are flush with cash/profits. They need to spend some money. West Fraser was buying back their own stock at a premium last week because the balance sheet was too cash heavy. Interfor purchased 4 sawmills from GP a couple months ago and the sale has already finalized.

You will hear next week how active SYP has been and the bullish tone will return...for a short time at least. I would not expect Lumber down is the next month or so....panels yes, Lumber no.
                            Spot on. Except i expect panels to keep momentum

Comment

This should help
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X