COVID test for Mexico Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Of course they dont want you to go to another country and spend money. Theyre not saying that cause of the kung flu, they want you to believe if you go to mexico youre going to get kidnapped and sold into the black market to wrap dope for the cartel

Like Drop dead said, I know guys who have gone in the last few weeks without issue. I'd go today if I had a place

You know they make you wrap dope naked, right?

Please let me know if the gentlemen you’re traveling with are good-lookin’ enough to qualify for that job.

Comment

Just got back two days ago- to answer your question you just need a “rapid test” or antigen test within 3 days of returning. Isla had a small trailer and they emailyou results within about 20 minutes. You dont need to do anything to get there

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Please let me know if the gentlemen you’re traveling with are good-lookin’ enough to qualify for that job.
        Thats what they show on netflix. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway.

And I dont think those guys plan on getting kidnapped by the cartel in the first place so theres nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Just got back two days ago- to answer your question you just need a “rapid test” or antigen test within 3 days of returning. Isla had a small trailer and they emailyou results within about 20 minutes. You dont need to do anything to get there
          This is correct as we just got back from Akumal a few weeks ago.

Comment

That’s the same way I wrap Christmas presents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
              This is correct as we just got back from Akumal a few weeks ago.
              Tolum and Akumal, were the places we went 2 years ago, El Dorado Royale is the place for this stay

thanks all for the info as well as the helpful insight, naked wrapping... well i guess the wife would get an eye full as well myself if its senoritas doing the packaging

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                Just got back from Playa. We had a blast. You do not need a test to go to Mexico. You need it to return. Our resort did them for us for free. The only time we had to wear mask were when we were going through lines for food.

People were very friendly and just very happy to see tourism picking back up. Have a great time!

Same here…he had no issues with the process.

Rapid test for us.

Comment

Yep. I concur with the others. Our resort did a rapid test for free a day or two before our flight back. Then when you check in online for your flight you can upload your results and get the green light.

The weirdest thing was that on the flight every single person had to prove that they tested negative to get on the flight....but they made us all wear masks anyhow. Masked the healthy to protect the healthy????

Comment

FYI, you might want to check the U.S. State Department's website for Travel Advisories. I was just on their site this morning and, as I recall, Mexico is at either Level 4 ("Do not go") or Level 3 ("Strongly suggest reconsidering your travel plans").

While it's true that the State Department is elevating many, many countries to Level 4 status due to COVID concerns (ridiculous!), many countries have seen an increase in violent crimes such as rape, kidnapping, and murder in addition to the many robberies being perpetrated. As I recall, the Travel Advisory may have even broken things down by state; in other words, a list of states that are considered most dangerous.

Some countries have put limitations on travel for U.S. Government Employees (e.g. as no traveling after dark, can't hail taxis, can't travel between cities/states after dark), and I don't recall whether Mexico is one of them. To me, these limitations suggest a strong anti-U.S. sentiment, such that a U.S. tourist might want to heed them as well.

No way I'd go to Mexico right now.
                    Murder rate per million people, Rape rate, Intentional homicide rate, Crime levels, Murder rate and 68 More Interesting Facts and Stats

While I understand what you are saying, you aren't much, if any, safer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                      Yep. I concur with the others. Our resort did a rapid test for free a day or two before our flight back. Then when you check in online for your flight you can upload your results and get the green light.

The weirdest thing was that on the flight every single person had to prove that they tested negative to get on the flight....but they made us all wear masks anyhow. Masked the healthy to protect the healthy????
                      It was weird that they make you test within 72 hours of flying. I tested 2 days before the flight so I still had time to to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                        It was weird that they make you test within 72 hours of flying. I tested 2 days before the flight so I still had time to to catch it.
                        I'm fat and have always been slow. Horrible at catching anything but ZZzzzzz's

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          That’s the same way I wrap Christmas presents.

TMI, my friend.

Besides that, you gotta be real careful not to accidentally drop the scotch tape in your lap.
                          Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 07-22-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

No need for test to travel to Mexico. We just got back from Merida, rapid testing center in the airport, in and out in 20 minutes. "Safer" than it's ever been...

Comment

I just got back from a week of fishing in Cabo. ITs a rapid test they do, and it is required by all passengers coming back into the US. We had to submit it with our passports at the airport coming back.
                              Going there you dont have to do anything but fill out a questionnaire about if youve had any symptoms in the last 10 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X