Honda Pioneer 700 versus Can-Am HD8 - results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Pioneer 700 versus Can-Am HD8 - results

I got my Can-Am Defender HD a little over a week ago. Now that I drove it around some here are the pros and cons compared to my Honda 700

Can-Am
    Much bigger. More legroom. Lots bigger dump bed.
    Comfortable seats
    Has a lot more to offer as far as add-ons and accessories
    A lot quieter engine.
    Probably faster but I can only go so fast on the ranch so don't really know.

Honda
    Easier to navigate tight areas because it's smaller.
    Smoother over rough terrain
    Has a glovebox

Some people love the Can-Am transmission versus the Honda. So far I still prefer the Honda trans. Can-Am has too much of a no go from zero to taking off. You give it gas and it doesn't move until you give a little extra then it kicks in gear and goes. Maybe it just takes more getting use to.

Overall IMO it will come down to longevity. If the Can-Am makes it 7-9 years without any major issues I'd say it's better. Time will tell.

Other negative is Can-Am extras like storage or glovebox are high dollar. Maybe those prices will come down some day. I never priced Honda accessories, maybe they were just as bad.

I'm sure I'll think of more as the days/weeks go on.

Thank for the info. Great comparison from real life use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think , for the most part, when comparing Honda atv/utv to others it always comes down to longevity and reliability. Most folks that use these things would gladly pay more for those two qualities. Honda is very hard to beat in those two categories. I’ll be interested to hear a review in 7 or 8 years.
      Good luck with the new machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did your defender not come with the tool box in the passenger side dash?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          Did your defender not come with the tool box in the passenger side dash?
          No it didn't. Maybe it was supposed to? I'll ask.

Another huge positive was the buying part was easy. I used Justin Spies here on TBH. All I did was get a couple quotes from other dealers and sure enough East Texas Power Sports was the lowest. And the owner of ETPS even delivered it to me.
          Last edited by RiverRat1; 06-24-2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Another huge positive was the buying part was easy. I used Justin Spies here on TBH. All I did was get a couple quotes from other dealers and sure enough East Texas Power Sports was the lowest. And the owner of ETPS even delivered it to me.
            I would contact the dealer, the front tool box is a standard feature on defenders as far as I know.

Comment

I would contact the dealer, the front tool box is a standard feature on defenders as far as I know.
              Not the base models. No Under dash shelf, 12" wheels vs. 14", no DPS (power steering), and full time locked rear-end vs switch on the dash. From my experience (2018)

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Yep just got my defender crew xt. Justin was the best.

Comment

Tool box is standard on the xt model and up. Not on the base models

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    Tool box is standard on the xt model and up. Not on the base models

The tool box came standard in my 21' HD8 Max DPS.

Comment

The tool box came standard in my 21' HD8 Max DPS.

The deal in the dash or under the front seat?

Comment

The deal in the dash or under the front seat?

The box with the handle on top of the passenger side dash.

Comment

Honda guy here. Bought a 2014 when they first came on the market. No regrets. I'm sure the Can Am is nice also.

Comment

The box with the handle on top of the passenger side dash.

Yep I believe you’re right. Dps has the glove box deal. Xt has that and one under the seat.

Comment

Yep I believe you’re right. Dps has the glove box deal. Xt has that and one under the seat.

The underwear boxes are the best thing since sliced bread. I added them to my DPS, and they’re as handy as they get. 1 keeps ammo, bipod, sling, Foxpro, etc (shooting/hunting gear). One keeps emergency BS (recovery strap, jumper cables, toilet paper in a ziplock baggy , flashlight, and small tool kit. Another keeps day goods (water, jerky, trail mix, spare clothes, or anything else I may add/remove daily). The other boxes stay stocked that way constantly. The glovebox is for anything we may need quickly. Spare rifle mags, koozies, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X