Vehicle inspection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    $25.50?? I thought inspection was regulated by the state to be $7.

It is, but there is another charge. That’s what it cost in Montgomery county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take 5 oil exchange, got mine done ASAP

Comment

I had a shop with a guy. Guy got fired. I like to do business at home but would go a little ways. Not to Mansfield. I'd lose a couple hours on that even with no wait.
        Biggest problem in this area is we are trying to stuff ten pounds of **** in a three pound **** sack. Too many people. 2 hour wait lines at restaurants, backed up doctor's offices.
        Too many people in FW/D anymore.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Why don’t they just do away with inspections. Like a vehicle can’t have a malfunction the minute it leaves. Just add $15 to the license plate and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Why don’t they just do away with inspections. Like a vehicle can’t have a malfunction the minute it leaves. Just add $15 to the license plate and be done.
              Exactly. Texas is the first state I've lived in that requires an inspection. Even the shop I take it to says it's just a shakedown.

And criminals that don't get inspections are already making their own paper tags. So what's the point? Getting money from law abiding citizens.

Comment

The inspection system needs to be done away with. It’s a scam.

Comment

I've had two vehicles inspected this week, one was about 30 min wait at the Honda dealer, the other was a 45 min wait at the RAM dealer in the "Express Lane." Both places were very very busy. End of month, service before summer vacation trips, plus C-19 backlog has them stacked up. Now if I could just get my son to take his in before the end of the month..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    It is, but there is another charge. That’s what it cost in Montgomery county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Huh? I got mine done in Conroe like 2 months ago for $7

Comment

Cost depends on the type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and where you live:

Comment

whenever i get mine done it cost $7 and all they check are the lights, horn, and e-brake. the truck is 20 yrs old and has 145k miles.

my issue is that i have to drive from rocksprings to kerrville to have it done!

Comment

Working...
                        X