2021 Bass Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    No, water level just came up after being down many years, that and new sonar tech. He is a big social media guy, he supposedly caught two more over 11lbs today.

That is insane. Hopefully it doesnt draw too much attention and bring the fishing right back down due to added pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      That is insane. Hopefully it doesnt draw too much attention and bring the fishing right back down due to added pressure.

Too late, guys are saying the ramps are already packed, he has a ton of followers on social media. IMO its pretty sorry he won't reveal the public lakes in oklahoma he catches giants at but out of state he shows all. He is fishing with Jimmy Houston today there.

Comment

Another 13+ just caught

Comment

Some toads for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are they trying to kill that lake? I remember that one year Alan Henry kicked out multiple sharelunkers, it got so much pressure the fishing became terrible. Now mostly when someone local catches one there they just take a picture and put it back quietly.

Comment

I have been torn between making Ivie or Choke my home lake. Both 2.5 hors away. Looks like we will be Kayaking Ivie. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Are they trying to kill that lake? I remember that one year Alan Henry kicked out multiple sharelunkers, it got so much pressure the fishing became terrible. Now mostly when someone local catches one there they just take a picture and put it back quietly.
                Same thing happened to Ivie about 10 years ago. It was HOT! lunkers coming out all the time. I caught my biggest on Ivie in 2012. 11.71 lbs. It was really slow after that. I knew once that lake got some decent water it would start pumping out giants again.

Comment

Anyone fishing the Cabela's big bass tournament Conroe this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                    Same thing happened to Ivie about 10 years ago. It was HOT! lunkers coming out all the time. I caught my biggest on Ivie in 2012. 11.71 lbs. It was really slow after that. I knew once that lake got some decent water it would start pumping out giants again.
                    Its happened bunches of places, same deal with Amistad and Falcon after Bassmaster tournment shows in 2006 and 2008. The weather ended up hot and the toads they left floating dead at Falcon that year was heartbreaking. They changed much of the weigh in procedure and bag line after that.

Comment

aaaand another one

Comment

I'm determined to get back on the water this year. If I don't, I need to sell my boat. $90 a month to store something I don't use is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          Yeah, probably.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            I will be out there. Wonder how the turn out will be. I feel like there hasnt been much talk about it ...

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Ivie was probably the best lake in texas from 1998- 2011. Then it got really low and had bad golden algae outbreaks as well . In 2000 I caught a 8.96 and a 9.02 in a big bass tournament there that paid top 30 places I got 31-32nd place and won one hour with the 8.96 and got third in the hour with the 9.02 .
                              Last edited by Hoss163; 02-23-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                Ivie was probably the best lake in texas from 1998- 2011. Then it got really low and had bad golden algae outbreaks as well . In 2000 I caught a 8.96 and a 9.02 in a big bass tournament there that paid top 30 places I got 31-32nd place and won one hour with the 8.96 and got third in the hour with the 9.02 .
                                Choke, Amistad and Falcon all were better at times during that period, Falcon has head and shoulders above any lake in the country during one time period.

Comment

Working...
                                X