Clear All

There's a season, on me ??

btw- Lady, I got baked potato abs...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
      There's a season, on me ??

btw- Lady, I got baked potato abs...
      It is a shape to aspire to.

Poor Dave. He will be missed...................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        It is a shape to aspire to.

Poor Dave. He will be missed...................

Hey, I'm in perfect shape.....

Round, is a shape, ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          It’s interesting that you ask because I dislike carrots greatly, or any carotinoid-containing vegetable for that matter (sweet potatoes, acorn squash, etc.). However, the waiter at one of my favorite restaurants—Lonesome Dove—suggested that I try them because, as he said, “People who hate carrots love these!” And although I have rarely found this statement to bare out, in this case, the waiter was right.

Here’s my take on how they make them:

Cut carrots lengthwise into 1/4-inch “planks” (I use one carrot per person). Cook them in a lightly greased cast iron skillet at high heat until you achieve charring. Turn the carrots and char on the other side.

Meanwhile, mix equal portions of honey and lemon juice in a bowl (1 tablespoon of each will work for 2 to 3 large carrots); I also add a few dashes of soy sauce to give it a salty/umami balance.

Remove carrots to a bowl or platter when done. Spoon honey/lemon dressing over carrots while warm. Top the carrots with goat cheese. Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh parsley, then serve.

Note: I pop the carrots under the broiler for a minute or so after I top with goat cheese. Entirely optional, however.
          Thanks for the reply and info… I will try this recipe soon… I like carrots but I am kind of picky on how I cook them… I love to roast them with yard bird and potatoes….

Comment

((eye roll)) I couldn’t find my glasses, okay? That, the tiny screen on my phone and a few glasses of wine and, suddenly, everybody’s a comedian…
            Technically, I’ve always been a comedian. And yes, I’ll be here all week.

Comment

Oh baby, that looks delicious!!! There is some funny stuff on this thread!

(Oh baby is just a figure of speech…in this instance…or not!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Thanks for the reply and info… I will try this recipe soon… I like carrots but I am kind of picky on how I cook them… I love to roast them with yard bird and potatoes….

The charring makes all the difference.

The older I get, the greater my appreciation of the Maillard reaction—the caramelization of sugars in foods that make them “brown” in the cooking process—and the additional flavor profiles it lends to cooked foods. In fact, one of my favorite salads is a grilled Caesar salad where the head of romaine lettuce is sliced I half but kept in tact, then “flash” grilled long enough to acquire char marks before it is dressed in Caesar dressing. Nothing is more delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Technically, I’ve always been a comedian. And yes, I’ll be here all week.

Hah! I knew, before even opening your post, that you would respond with something cheeky or irreverent.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I know, right??

You can never be too careful when posting something for pubic consumption.

Comment

We miss Dave. He was kool......................................

Comment

Did Dave drive a yellow corvette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL

Was this post after 2 bottles of the Riesling!?

Comment

The charring makes all the difference.

The older I get, the greater my appreciation of the Maillard reaction—the caramelization of sugars in foods that make them “brown” in the cooking process—and the additional flavor profiles it lends to cooked foods. In fact, one of my favorite salads is a grilled Caesar salad where the head of romaine lettuce is sliced I half but kept in tact, then “flash” grilled long enough to acquire char marks before it is dressed in Caesar dressing. Nothing is more delicious!

Now I’m craving that….

Comment

Before he mysteriously disappeared several days ago while bird watching, Dave was last seen posting this poem around Central Texas …

Roses are red,
                              Violets are blue,
                              Lady who hunts,
                              Drinks a little too.

Comment

This post is like a bad dream…one on a continuous loop that plays over and over again. You know the kind, like they’re chemically-induced and you know you’re dreaming but you can’t seem to wake up from it.

Probably brought on by taking an enthusiastic amount of my personal COVID prophylactic of hydroxychloroquentinolone (floater), zinc, and German Riesling.

Of course, the good news is I don’t have COVID.

Comment

Working...
                                X