Extended warranties - Secure net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended warranties - Secure net?

Purchased a used vehicle with 30,000 miles and this is the company they are offering the extended warranty through. Does anyone have experience with Secure net and is it worth the extra 40$ a month for four year 75,000 miles? My past experience with extended warranties has been crap so just looking for input.

Put the $40 a month in the bank, extended warranties are nothing but a long odds bet for you with the only payoff being "IF" it breaks and the repair costs more than the premium.

Comment

They only cover the things that dont break. My wifes car was less then a month old and the ash try (and she dont smoke) broke, Well we had the extended bumper to bumper warrenty. But of course they dont cover that. Car had a rotten egg smell to it, took it back numerous times, they didnt cover that. The fly wheel on the alternator(bearings) started squelling they didnt cover that. So I dont buy extended warranties any more. Its just a way to squeeze more $$$ out of ya.

Comment

Offer them 1/2 of what they are asking for it. You might be surprised by them. 100% markup on the extended warranties.

Comment

what brand and whats the milage ?

Comment

Only by warranties from the manufacturer

Comment

You are basically paying for the repair in advance, extended warranties are nothing but a rip off, it is funny how they will try and sell it to you for 500 dollars and then when you decline they offer it for 250.

Comment

You need to read the fine print if you buy an extended warranty. Many don't cover certain things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                  Only by warranties from the manufacturer
                  100% correct

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    You need to read the fine print if you buy an extended warranty. Many don't cover certain things.
                    I agree!!! understanding what you are paying for mean no headache later. Vehicles have a lot of technology and parts have gone up and its going up every day, hourly rate to fix a vehicle by a certified tech is also really high. You only wish you have a warranty when something major breaks.

Comment

Working...
                    X