Need Recommendations for Exotic Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Recommendations for Exotic Hunt!

I am turning 50 in 2025 and want to do a stateside exotic hunt with friends and family. Africa isn't an option unfortunately. I want just one of these species: nilgai bull, trophy fallow or maybe an eland. There might be one or two others after bucks bulls or rams, but imagine most with be after a doe of some sort. The hunt has to be open to rifle and bow hunting. The place doesn't need to be fancy or even offer lodging/meals if the price is right. I can't imagine there being any more than 6 of us going that will be hunting

Does anyone know of a place even remotely close to this or is it a pipe dream?
    Last edited by Fargus; 03-19-2023, 06:38 PM.

Look at the sponsors on here.

Jj Matt
    Lazy k ranch

Or go all out and go to the ox

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      I am turning 50 in 2025 and want to do a stateside exotic hunt with friends and family. Africa isn't an option unfortunately. I want just one of these species: nilgai bull, trophy fallow or maybe an eland. There might be one or two others after bucks bulls or rams, but imagine most with be after a doe of some sort. The hunt has to be open to rifle and bow hunting. The place doesn't need to be fancy or even offer lodging/meals if the price is right. I can't imagine there being any more than 6 of us going that will be hunting

Does anyone know of a place even remotely close to this or is it a pipe dream?
      There are several places that you can do this type stuff for your list. Fallow best time will be mid Aug-Dec.
      Avg prices right now on your list probably $3k nilgai, $4-5k fallow and $4k+ eland.

Ox Ranch, as mentioned, can do it but they are pricey. 777 Ranch can also but again not cheap. JJ Matt as mentioned as a sponsor here. Also Cantexduck has a place. Facebook hero Longer Outdoors.
      Last edited by buck_wild; 03-20-2023, 08:00 AM.

Comment

We had a great hunt with RJ Cruz at Cross River Exotics out of Karnes City. They have a great lodge and their chef is amazing. He has some crazy Fallow and did have Eland and Nilgai when I was there.

CrossRiver Exotic is a family owned and operated exotic hunting ranch near San Antonio, Texas

Comment

Lazy K Ranch in Oakhurst, TX hands down

Comment

Diamond C if everyone is bow hunting. If you are not archery exclusive take a look at texas_exoctics.com. the ranch is in Benevides near Alice. They have always had some decent animals at below average costs, the lodge is basic but nice, and you do all your own cooking, they even have to discount hunts for a few hundred. John has always taken care of us.

Comment

I also forgot about the Lucky Seven Ranch near Eden, Texas. I've been there and they have the stuff you want also.

Native & Texas Exotic Hunts ,30+ species for a first class hunting adventure, Trophy Game, Lodging, Guides & Meals: Come prepared to Hunt

I've also hunted the Double G Ranch near Spring Branch, Tx

Last edited by buck_wild; 03-21-2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt and thanks to all for the information

Comment

Working...
                X