What Broadhead and total arrow weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Broadhead and total arrow weight?

What heads are you using on your trad bows? I'm using Grizzly left single bevel 150gr with 75gr outsert and total weight of 545 50lb at fingers.

175gr VPA 3-blade, or 175gr Bishop single bevel 2-blade, and 44gr outserts.

Total arrow weight 640gr, with draw weight of 65# on the fingers.

That's 9.8 gpp. I'd rather be t 9.5.

Rick

Comment

Black Widow PLX, 44lbs at my draw length of 28". Arrows are Gold Tip Velocity, 500 spine, length 30.5", 3x4" feathers, reflective wrap, 205 grain Simmons Safari Broadhead, 11 gr aluminum inserts. Arrow weight 448 gr (gpp 10.2), foc 20.2%.

Comment

I’m curious about this also. I thought I had mine bare shaft tuned. Now I’m not sure if the inconsistency I see now is technique or I wasn’t as tuned as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
          What heads are you using on your trad bows? I'm using Grizzly left single bevel 150gr with 75gr outsert and total weight of 545 50lb at fingers.
          I’m shooting the same broadhead and setup as you. 100 gr brass insert, roughly same overall weight. 45#~50# bows. No issues so far.

Comment

Went to screw-in broardheads and carbons shafts for the first time this year. 200gr Day Six EVO XL, mounted on Day Six or Widowmakers 50gr outserts/inserts. Bows are #48 to #52 nominal, pulling #50 to #52 actual at my draw length. Total arrow weight 570gr for the Day Six, a little less for the Widowmakers. Between 11 to 11.5 GPP.

Comment

I'm around 10gpp. I shoot both 150 and 175 grain heads of multiple unimpressive lineages. They have to have decent steel, wider than an inch and do not break the bank. That's my criteria. I shoot Beaman Center shots (no longer made) and Black Eagle Vintage arrows. That could change but but I'm pretty well stocked for the next year or so.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
                Went to screw-in broardheads and carbons shafts for the first time this year. 200gr Day Six EVO XL, mounted on Day Six or Widowmakers 50gr outserts/inserts. Bows are #48 to #52 nominal, pulling #50 to #52 actual at my draw length. Total arrow weight 570gr for the Day Six, a little less for the Widowmakers. Between 11 to 11.5 GPP.
                Same here using Black Eagle vintage #500 for first time and 4" feathers. Liking them so far. Switching to barebow style this year...slowly getting it down. Had to change my anchor some but my accuracy beyond 20yds is better with this style than instinctive. My point on is 50 yds with new anchor and arrow weight.

Comment

anyone shoot stone points? what weight to you shoot for on your stone points? I have read alot about people shooting heavy and long shafts with 40/60 gr bird points?

Comment

I watch a video a few days ago on that, using small stone point about 1/2" wide he shot a hog and it only went about 60yds.

Comment

easton axis traditional with 50 gn brass and 150-175 iron will 530-555 weight

Comment

I still hunt tapered wood arrows, mostly footed. So my raw shaft weight is usually 600-660 grains, before stain, fletching, nock and broadhead. BH usually 160-190 grain.

Comment

Working...
                        X