Arrow Spine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Spine

I have a few recurve bows and all sorts of different arrows. I'm trying to learn more about traditional recurve shooting and shooting off of the shelf. I have a 35# , a 45# and a 55# recurve.

I was wondering what kind of arrow spine to use for each one? What do y'all prefer to shoot? How much of a difference is there in spine strength??

If you're in DFW let me know!

Originally posted by Hrhoss13 View Post
    I have a few recurve bows and all sorts of different arrows. I'm trying to learn more about traditional recurve shooting and shooting off of the shelf. I have a 35# , a 45# and a 55# recurve.

I was wondering what kind of arrow spine to use for each one? What do y'all prefer to shoot? How much of a difference is there in spine strength??

Not knowing any other details (like your actual draw length) which are important to the decision, I would guess .600-.700 spine for the 35# bow, .500 spine for the 45# bow, and .400 spine for the 55# bow. Those could change based on other unknown facts.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Read the stickies at top of this forum.
      I'm in Fort Worth. If you need a place to shoot Irving bowhunters Association has a nice club over that way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hrhoss13 View Post

I dont know if this will work for you, but when I am selecting a spine for a bow I first reference a spine chart, then i ask the guys at the local pro shop.

I then consult with Bisch and DRT and if their recommendations differ from the spine chart and pro staff members I disregard the former recommendations and go with the latter two's advice.

has worked out well so far....

Comment

What Bisch said is basically what most all my bows like to shoot. I may tinker with tip weight just a bit to fine tune but that's about spot on.

Comment

If you want to shoot wood I may be of some assistance.

Comment

Working...
            X