Youth Bow for 4H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Bow for 4H

I’ve done some google searches, but just looking for some actual setups your kids use for 4H archery. Looking to get my daughter (6th grade) started but she can’t practice very well with my Elite Impulse 34 Lefty lol Thanks in advance!

Your gonna get 10 suggestions so let me be first. Pse mini burner. Lots of drawlength adjustment and pull weight adjustment. Just get rid of that crappy rest and get some kind of drop away.

Comment

PSE, diamond, bear, and several others make youth bows with a ton of adjustability and are very affordable and can be found used fairly easy. Get a whisker biscuit put on it and get her going. Whisker biscuits are great for kids, I had an entire wall full (now a box full) of JOAD and 4H tournament and match medals and trophies, all with a whisker biscuit.

Comment

Like Walker said your gonna get lots of different suggestions but me personally I used to shoot a Mission. They make now a hammer and a radik which are really adjustable for youth, pretty much any mission besides the Mxr is going to have a rotating mod so it is really easy to adjust draw length. They really won’t break the bank, now they are not fancy or have the technology as other flag ships but just to get started they are really solid bows.

Comment

My son has outgrown his bow ( lefty ) and I’ll give it to you if we can figure out a way to get it to you.
          Where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            My son has outgrown his bow ( lefty ) and I’ll give it to you if we can figure out a way to get it to you.
            Where are you?
            I really appreciate that! But I’m the lefty and she’s right handed

Comment

I have been super pleased with the Obsession Hashtag. It is a little longer axle to axle and my 10yo son handles it great.

Comment

Originally posted by texjitter View Post
                I really appreciate that! But I’m the lefty and she’s right handed
                Oh shoot I didn’t catch that.

Comment

One of the Missions or an Elite Ember.

Comment

I believe Rat on here is a 4H archery coach. Pm him.

Comment

Used
                      Diamond Infinite Edge/Pro
                      Mission Craze

New
                      Diamond Infinite 305
                      Mission Radik

These bows are great bows, they have huge ranges of draw weight and draw length. Can be used for many years as kids grow fast and can easily outgrow a bow setup in a years time.

I lean to the Diamond just due to the longer ATA, but a smaller stature person may like the Mission more as its shorter but not as forgiving.

Lots of years as a 4H Archery coach these have been my go to's.
                      Be sure to look around they can be had used for around $250 is you look.

Comment

Working...
                      X