2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie80 View Post
    If you go with friends try Big Chief on Buchanan. They have buddy spots there with lots of space between the two trailers once you're set up. Short walk to the lake and they have their own boat ramp/dock and swimming pool.
    Hords creek has several of them, great for get togethers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
      Do you folks prefer parks or resort type places? We are SP/COE people primarily. I know younger folks tend to like the resorts more or so it seems.
      It just depends on the trip for us. We like both, but we need 50 amp hookup so some of the state parks are limited.

Comment

We upgraded from a pop up camper last year to a full size bumper pull. We try to take it out at least once a month. We usually try to stay within a 4hour radius of San Antonio. We staying at Gulfwaters RV resort at the end of the month. We als have friends and family with trailers that we coordinate trips with. We found the more the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          We have several short trips planned for baseball tournaments, but we’re going to the Palo Duro Canyon in mid March and I can’t wait! I’m gonna nerd out on historical markers and the museum in Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Love that place.

Comment

This is a great thread.

Comment

Have a big trip planned for this summer. Going to Colorado Springs for 2 nights. Then to Custer SD to visit the black hills and Mt Rushmore for 5 days. Then to Wisconsin to see family and visit the home office for a week. Haven't planned the trip home, to San Antonio yet. When we bought our Travel Trailer, I swore I would not leave Texas with it, lol.

Comment

Awesome thread, I'll join in.

We're on our 3rd RV (2nd Class C motorhome) and we spend a lot of time in local-to-us parks. Lake Medina RV Resort is a favorite, but we haven't been in recent years due to very low water levels.

Mostly, we spend our time at Potters Creek which is a COE park on Canyon Lake. We like that park, especially the buddy sites which are open April - September.

If you happen to be out at Potters Creek and you see our Fleetwood-Mack (below) stop in and say "Hi!"

Comment

Talking to my wife this evening about our upcoming trips and realized I totally skipped June. Wow! I will take care of that tomorrow.

Enjoying reading everyone's experiences, plans and preferences. Nothing like getting on the road.

We like not having to do anything but setup and start living the trip. We pull in at home and only get the essentials out and wait to do the rest the next day.

Comment

Must have: (things that I have)
                    Reflective Window Shades- Custom cut to size. Major difference in summer temps and also makes it VERY dark which I like for sleep.
                    Grease- Slides/Jacks
                    2-Way water hose connection adaptor- One for waterline, other for additional water hose use
                    Toilet Tank Treatment - because PEEEYEEWWW!
                    Bedroom/Livingroom tower/box fans- just air circulation and if you burn something it helps!
                    Exterior/outside Light - Plug in to 115 on outside to for better lighting in the dark

I finally decided to use some old weights and paracord and designated that for securing the awning when extended. High winds will make all sorts of racket and really tear it up. Just a 10lb weight, bunjee and rope/paracord.

Welded a hitch receiver on to rear bumper and put on a rear cargo carrier which comes in handy often, I use it for ice chest and crab traps mostly and just a shelf for the stuff when its set up.

Locations: In the summer, I use mine along the TX gulfcoast May-Sept usually. Port O'Connor, Riviera, Aransas Pass, Port Mansfield and Port Isabel. Mainly Port O'Connor/Mansfield.
                    In the fall, its bouncing around to different places I hunt, which then means I usually have a generator powering it since its usually not in a campground.

I recently cleaned the condensor and evaporator coils on the AC unit, I watched some youtube videos. One creator took reflective tape and taped the last 4 digits of the vin on the roof of the camper in the case that it is stolen. He claimed it would be helpful in identifying it. Definitely some sort of hitch lock or tracking mechanism, as there has been some repetitive theft of some TBHers campers!

Comment

Will be at Big creek at Somerville on March 18-20, will be trying out the frio later on, along with the Guadalupe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                        Must have: (things that I have)
                        Reflective Window Shades- Custom cut to size. Major difference in summer temps and also makes it VERY dark which I like for sleep.
                        Grease- Slides/Jacks
                        2-Way water hose connection adaptor- One for waterline, other for additional water hose use I do this too.
                        Toilet Tank Treatment - because PEEEYEEWWW! Always!
                        Bedroom/Livingroom tower/box fans- just air circulation and if you burn something it helps! I have a 15K BTU for our small trailer so no fans are needed. I put a mod in the fan housing to not let cold air escape. Will post about that later. We cook outside.
                        Exterior/outside Light - Plug in to 115 on outside to for better lighting in the dark

I finally decided to use some old weights and paracord and designated that for securing the awning when extended. High winds will make all sorts of racket and really tear it up. Just a 10lb weight, bunjee and rope/paracord.

Welded a hitch receiver on to rear bumper and put on a rear cargo carrier which comes in handy often, I use it for ice chest and crab traps mostly and just a shelf for the stuff when its set up.

Locations: In the summer, I use mine along the TX gulfcoast May-Sept usually. Port O'Connor, Riviera, Aransas Pass, Port Mansfield and Port Isabel. Mainly Port O'Connor/Mansfield.
                        In the fall, its bouncing around to different places I hunt, which then means I usually have a generator powering it since its usually not in a campground.

I recently cleaned the condensor and evaporator coils on the AC unit, I watched some youtube videos. One creator took reflective tape and taped the last 4 digits of the vin on the roof of the camper in the case that it is stolen. He claimed it would be helpful in identifying it. Definitely some sort of hitch lock or tracking mechanism, as there has been some repetitive theft of some TBHers campers!

I do some of this during regular maintenance which I do every 6 months. Had a guy that tied his awning down and I'm equipped to do it but I would still like to be able to unhook it quick to bring it in. Haven't figured that out yet. I'm in Bryan.

Originally posted by waffles View Post
                        Will be at Big creek at Somerville on March 18-20, will be trying out the frio later on, along with the Guadalupe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Will be in Rocky Creek a little over a week from now. One of our favorite close spots. I chase the bald eagles there.

Comment

So far bookings this year;

Hot Springs, AR the week after Christmas, spent one night on the banks of Caddo Lake on the way home.

Feb, Cowboy Mardi Gras in Bandera with 7 other Coaches in the group.

March, Annahuac for Marsh Madness airboat gathering. Staying in TBH’r MisterSanders RV park on the water.

April, Sand Fest in Port A then Corpus for Morgan Wallen concert.

May, open for now but will go somewhere.

June, week in 8 days in Creed, CO

July, will likely do a 4 day in or around Fredericksburge

Aug, 7 days on the Frio

After that hunting prep and hunting fills most weekends.

Comment

A little a/c tip. Those who have ducts in the ceiling, pop the cover off and see if you have an air gap between the register and duct. When they cut mine in, they were a little sloppy. I foil taped the register to the duct. I also checked the a/c unit. Added more foil tape and sealed it off . Made a huge difference. I was blowing cold air in the attic area of the trailer.
                            I made window cover too. Check utube on insulating rv windows. Bubble wrap, coroplas and bubble wrap. Painted black, keeps the heat out. Looks good too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill M;16091318]I do some of this during regular maintenance which I do every 6 months. Had a guy that tied his awning down and I'm equipped to do it but I would still like to be able to unhook it quick to bring it in. Haven't figured that out yet. I'm in Bryan.

Hey Bill, the bunjee make for a quick disconnect. It also serves purpose to stretch instead of being hard tied to the weight, allowing it some give. We live close to each other, I'm in south CS

Comment

I went in a sealed all my registers to the duct work as well using foil tape. I also did a mod based on Airflow system with foam I had around the house. It increased air flow at the vents and also quieted the system a bit. There are several videos on the DYI of this. Here are some of my pics.

Last edited by Bill M; 02-12-2022, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X