No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed gear oil today, waiting on the water pump kit to show up and then should be ready for lake test. Its peeing water on the hose, but not as much as I think it should. Rather change it and be safe.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you get her fixed up Flex! Fish were picky today but ended up with 14.48 on 7. Had 4 over 2 on my scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Changed gear oil today, waiting on the water pump kit to show up and then should be ready for lake test. Its peeing water on the hose, but not as much as I think it should. Rather change it and be safe.

Absolutely, better change the impeller since it's been setting a while. You sure don't want to burn up your new engine. Those OMG 3 cylinder engines were super reliable. My dad used to race their 75 hp versions and I never heard of one that failed.
        I bought an impeller, oil and oil filter, along with lower unit gear oil last week for my Yamaha 150. This will be my first service on a 4 stroke outboard. I pulled the prop and drained the lower unit a few days ago, before the freeze and left it to drain. It's not going to freeze if there's nothing in the lower unit. LOL That's probably what I'll finish up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Absolutely, better change the impeller since it's been setting a while. You sure don't want to burn up your new engine. Those OMG 3 cylinder engines were super reliable. My dad used to race their 75 hp versions and I never heard of one that failed.
          I bought an impeller, oil and oil filter, along with lower unit gear oil last week for my Yamaha 150. This will be my first service on a 4 stroke outboard. That's probably what I'll do tomorrow.

Nice. Yep hoping I'll have some luck!

I narrowed down my search to either a pre 86 75hp or a post 86 70hp. Scored a smoking deal on this 90 model 70. Hopefully they're as reliable as everyone says and I can get some years out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Nice. Yep hoping I'll have some luck!

I narrowed down my search to either a pre 86 75hp or a post 86 70hp. Scored a smoking deal on this 90 model 70. Hopefully they're as reliable as everyone says and I can get some years out of it.

His were built in the 1970s to early 1980s. They were bulletproof. On a tunnel boat, bone stock engines were running in the low 80 mph range and upper 60s on a V-bottom with no power trim.

Comment

His were built in the 1970s to early 1980s. They were bulletproof. On a tunnel boat, bone stock engines were running in the low 80 mph range and upper 60s on a V-bottom with no power trim.

That's crazy. There's still some groups of guys in LA and AR racing them on tillers that fast. The short shaft versions are wicked.

Comment

That would get you to the slabs quick! Probably have em scaled by the time you go back to the dock if they would stay on the stringer!

Yesterday was fun! Teaching little man to chase em down on the TM. I think he likes finding them for me more than catching them now. Frustrating on my part but I'm trying my best to be patient with him!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  That would get you to the slabs quick! Probably have em scaled by the time you go back to the dock if they would stay on the stringer!

Yesterday was fun! Teaching little man to chase em down on the TM. I think he likes finding them for me more than catching them now. Frustrating on my part but I'm trying my best to be patient with him!
                  "I think he likes finding them for me more than catching them now." For some reason I don't believe this. I know how much he loves catching fish.

Comment

Went out yesterday and water temp was in the lower 40's. Found piles of fish but had a hard time making them chew. Had to hold the jigs motionless right in front of them for an extended period of time to get bit. Sure was nice out though

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                      Went out yesterday and water temp was in the lower 40's. Found piles of fish but had a hard time making them chew. Had to hold the jigs motionless right in front of them for an extended period of time to get bit. Sure was nice out though
                      Transition fish are picky! Painted 50 heads today at lunch. Gotta stock up for D'Arbonne and Grenada! They'll bot be here before I know it!

Comment

What rods are ya using to sling the big slabs in boat? Looking for some with great back bone but sensitive

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                          What rods are ya using to sling the big slabs in boat? Looking for some with great back bone but sensitive
                          11' Jenko Kevin Rogers mid seat is my main rod! Casting or shooting docks I'm using a 7' Jenko Trick Stick.

Comment

I'm still waiting on the water pump kit.

I'm having heck getting the tach to work.

I'm over my head at this point- either a wire is split somewhere, regulator is bad, rectifier, capacitor, who knows.

Doing lots of research. Really like to have a tach to know what I'm doing throttle wise.

Comment

Just trim it up and let that rooster tail fly Flex!! I’m no help on repairs.

Looking at my calendar this eve I’ll be eating Johnny’s pizza in 2 weeks at D’Arbonne and having a butterscotch milkshake and sweet potato waffle fries at Spencers in Grenada MS in 4 weeks!! Life ain’t bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Just trim it up and let that rooster tail fly Flex!! I’m no help on repairs.

Looking at my calendar this eve I’ll be eating Johnny’s pizza in 2 weeks at D’Arbonne and having a butterscotch milkshake and sweet potato waffle fries at Spencers in Grenada MS in 4 weeks!! Life ain’t bad!!
                                [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] safety first. These ladies apparently don't like it any more than me when the boat don't run.

Comment

Working...
                                X