Modern day deer camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    That would just not feel like hunting to me, looks like a very nice place though.
    Thanks, we live on the ranch since we retired and my wife built this house.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Tents are the only thing I have ever hunted out of. ( 59 now) If we camp out of the truck, we have a canvas “ sheep herders “ tent. We feel like we are in the tauge mahaul. Normally every thing is on our backs. Neither way is there such thing as a shower, ice, toilet, electricity, in door cooking, some times for 10 days. The luxury of a cabin, or lease is pretty much not heard of around here. It’s BLM land and national forest, and so far it’s all free to hunt it, no lease fees.
      Wow after reading all these posts, I can’t believe how many don’t ,won’t hunt out of a tent. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats. Lol. I would love the “ luxuries” you guys have, but no way in hell to hunt were we do, any other way. Even when we go down there ( Texas) to hunt javelina, it’s tents, out door cooking, no shower, no heat, no a/c. But we have the bigger tent, cots, four burner grill, and frige and freezer for meals, drinks and meat, we feel spoiled.
      At 57, and bad knees, back, hip, and recently surgically repaired neck, I'm all about the comfort whenever possible. You can have the **** tents, I'll take the travel trailer

Comment

I love these threads

Comment

Nov 9, 2021 at Enchanted Rock antlerless/spike/exotic hunt. Had this tent for 3 years. And finally got to use it. 4 season. And has a cutout for a small window unit on the ground during warmer months. I used an electric heater in it and was very comfortable. If you'd rather, an electric blanket works wonders too. But with my sleeping bags, I've got a problem with staying cool enough inside them. Bushnell has 2 other sizes as well. One larger and one smaller. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_072228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	24682729Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_072251.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	24682730

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I just hunt public, so I mostly tent or sleep in my truck bed. I have a 6' bed Tacoma and found a memory foam mattress that folds up and is quite comfortable. I built a platform with a drawer for my kitchen, the other is the bow / rifle case spot. Truck also has a dual battery system, and I have a blue sea panel wired to the house battery to charge stuff that wont kill the tarter battery. Works pretty good, keeps me organized, but when its 10 degrees out its a pain to change clothes with limited space back there. Next truck definitely will be a Tundra or a F-150, that should give me a little more room to change. I do often take my son out with me, he's 10 now and its too small for us, so we just tent out, but kitchen in a drawer still quite handy.

I try to chase elk or mule deer too so I tend to setup a spike camp or hike and tent out, for that I have my lightweight tent that is 2 lbs minus poles, it can use trekking poles.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
              I just hunt public, so I mostly tent or sleep in my truck bed. I have a 6' bed Tacoma and found a memory foam mattress that folds up and is quite comfortable. I built a platform with a drawer for my kitchen, the other is the bow / rifle case spot. Truck also has a dual battery system, and I have a blue sea panel wired to the house battery to charge stuff that wont kill the tarter battery. Works pretty good, keeps me organized, but when its 10 degrees out its a pain to change clothes with limited space back there. Next truck definitely will be a Tundra or a F-150, that should give me a little more room to change. I do often take my son out with me, he's 10 now and its too small for us, so we just tent out, but kitchen in a drawer still quite handy.

I try to chase elk or mule deer too so I tend to setup a spike camp or hike and tent out, for that I have my lightweight tent that is 2 lbs minus poles, it can use trekking poles.

The ONLY thing I regret about my Tacoma was going with the available shortbed instead of searching for a long bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I done it pretty well every way mentioned.Some are better than others but having the OUTDOOR experience is what the goal is in my book...

Comment

Working...
                X