Double Kayak trailer with storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Kayak trailer with storage

Last year I ended up buying 2 Nucanoe F12 for the wife and I. We haven’t got to enjoy them yet because of everything else going on. Another problem was hauling 2 of them at the same time. These are 41 inch wide kayaks. This past week I was able to locate and buy a double jet ski trailer that is going to work out great. Got the trailer picked up Saturday and the tabs cut off Sunday for a test fit of the kayaks. Still got to pick up the metal for the upper storage box. Momma is happy so far.

When we picked it up.

Added the fancy tongue stand for now and got the kayaks on to double check fit. ( I had already pulled hers off )
    Going to lengthen the tongue out about 2 feet and make it removable.
    Trailer will get a paint job when all the weld work is done. We might be going John Deer Green for the trailer color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They come in handy! I can haul 4 if needed and have a big plastic tool box from TSC for storage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lookin good Chris!

Comment

Nice work so far! I'm plannin on doin the same thing from a double jet ski or maybe a small bass boat trailer. Interested to see how yours comes out, keep us updated.

Comment

I built one several years ago using a Tractor supply trailer. Welded up two tee shaped braces for the yaks to sit on. Used Malone saddles to hold the yaks. That way the ice chests, storage boxes could sit under the kayaks. I will look and see if I can find a picture.

Comment

Here is some pictures from when I posted it for sale on here. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=647529

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              Here is some pictures from when I posted it for sale on here. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=647529
              If I didn’t find the trailer that I got, I was going to do the same thing that you did. I was going to get a 14-16ft trailer and build a removable rack for the kayaks and build a storage box in front of them. Just couldn’t find a trailer I was willing to buy and didn’t want to rob a bank to get one either.

Comment

Look-n good!

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                  Last year I ended up buying 2 Nucanoe F12 for the wife and I. We haven’t got to enjoy them yet because of everything else going on. Another problem was hauling 2 of them at the same time. These are 41 inch wide kayaks. This past week I was able to locate and buy a double jet ski trailer that is going to work out great. Got the trailer picked up Saturday and the tabs cut off Sunday for a test fit of the kayaks. Still got to pick up the metal for the upper storage box. Momma is happy so far.

When we picked it up.

Added the fancy tongue stand for now and got the kayaks on to double check fit. ( I had already pulled hers off )
                  Going to lengthen the tongue out about 2 feet and make it removable.
                  Trailer will get a paint job when all the weld work is done. We might be going John Deer Green for the trailer color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You made some progress on that trailer? Just got me one finally for our 2 yaks and am gonna need to put new bunks on and probably shorten the tongue (its 21' tail to tongue). Curious to see what about your setup that you like and dont like.

Comment

I have dolly wheel Jack on front so I can roll trailer around.
                    On back of trailer I have lighted uprights to back up.
                    At night if upright lights not even I have low tire or flat.
                    Have eyebolts for tie down straps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post
                      You made some progress on that trailer? Just got me one finally for our 2 yaks and am gonna need to put new bunks on and probably shorten the tongue (its 21' tail to tongue). Curious to see what about your setup that you like and dont like.
                      Haven’t made anymore progress on the trailer. Been busy with work, job transfer and life in general. Going to try and get some minor stuff done soon so it can be used Thru the summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X