Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ran over in home depot parking lot any good lawyer referrals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
    Just out of curiosity for those that are asking who he thinks is responsible. It's home depot property why wouldn't their insurance be responsible? If your kid is at my house jumping on a trampoline and breaks his arm then my home owners pays..

It does because no one has any personal responsibility. Home Depot is NOT responsible for some ******* running into this guy, anymore than you are for some kid hurting himself on your trampoline. You have that outlook because you’ve grown accustomed to a society dictated by soft judges, and petty lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just out of curiosity for those that are asking who he thinks is responsible. It's home depot property why wouldn't their insurance be responsible? If your kid is at my house jumping on a trampoline and breaks his arm then my home owners pays..
      What if a person walking down the sidewalk steps into your yard and then another person veers off the road and hits them in your yard? Is that your insurance or the drivers auto insurance that should cover it?

Comment

Home depot probably has some med pay coverage to help with bills, it won't be much $5k maybe $10k.

I assume you told the hospital, it will be in your records that you were hit at home depot, your insurance is probably already looking to recover anything they can from home depot.

Comment

Praying for you for not being seriously injured, but your injuries may cause problems as you get older, so, I would pursue legal procedures with a lawyer.

Comment

Completely different, a) trampolines are inherently dangerous which is why most home owners insurance want to know if you have one. So they can increase your rates for the exposure.. B) i can not recall off the top of my head but in texas minors are not responsible for their own negligence till past a certain age.

If a kid was at your home, or other guest and simple tripped and fell your home owners insurance likely has medpay coverage for such minor incidents. As I stated in my other post home depot probably has a little bit of coverage to help out.

But as indicated, I dint know what they did wrong and if any liability could be placed on home depot.

Comment

OP hope you fully heal soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                What if a person walking down the sidewalk steps into your yard and then another person veers off the road and hits them in your yard? Is that your insurance or the drivers auto insurance that should cover it?
                I was just curious to the answers . I would think the auto insurance should cover it in both situations .It's hard to get the information you need if home depot is given several days to delete the video. If the cops don't want to touch it because it's private property. How would a person go about getting the tape beside retaining a lawyer? At that point it's probably too late.
                Last edited by jds247; 03-22-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  I am curious if the open policy not to confront or stop shoplifters would leave a retailer culpable in situations like this?
                  On the contrary, HD lawyers would claim they enacted a policy that aims specifically at not provoking any violent acts, putting everything on the dip stick that ran over OP

Comment

I would have been far more comfortable with the Sheriffs Dept or the city police coming out and handling the matter. Don’t understand why Constables are getting sent to stuff like that and taking the report. The Constables seem to have lost their “purpose” down around Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Most parking lots are considered private so that might be the problem, but if you were injured, seems like it would be a little more important!
                      If it was just a fender bender car accident with no injuries that might be true.

From the brief description of the incident given in the OP, it might be Aggravated Robbery and/or Aggravated Assault. Both are First Degree felonies (same as Murder) and carry up to 99 years in prison. The ownership of the property has no bearing.

Maybe an interesting tidbit, the Texas Penal Code specifically defines a public place, which the parking lot is. Even inside the store itself, while privately owned, is a public place.

"Public place" means any place to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access and includes, but is not limited to, streets, highways, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transport facilities, and shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                        Too bad a good citizen with some artillery wasn’t standing close by to detain the punk that hit you.
                        There’s no excuse for that constable’s dragging their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        he would be the one getting sued!

Comment

I'm just wondering if the Leo has already seen the video and is just finalizing his report. Assuming their is a video to see as we all know most the time those cameras are not working.

If I were going to home depot to steel tools I would a) take my license plates off b)cover my license plates up or c) have phoney plates on my vehicle.

Leo is probably to busy to give you updates, his report will have everything you need and an attorney isn't going to be able to speed anything up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            It does because no one has any personal responsibility. Home Depot is NOT responsible for some ******* running into this guy, anymore than you are for some kid hurting himself on your trampoline. You have that outlook because you’ve grown accustomed to a society dictated by soft judges, and petty lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Exactly!

Home Depot doesn't want to show footage, because too many people stage fake accidents to get paid. Not saying this is at all what the OP is doing, but they don't know that. I'd be contacting the constable and letting Chew see what he can do. I don't know any attorneys, but you have the right idea about finding one. Good luck to you, and I hope you are able to heal completely. Prayers up for a good outcome on both.

Comment

You will be contacted by an HCSO Violent Crimes Unit sergeant soon. Constables are everywhere...but don't really do follow up. They do post a lot on social media though!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                You will be contacted by an HCSO Violent Crimes Unit sergeant soon. Constables are everywhere...but don't really do follow up. They do post a lot on social media though!
                                Well, there ya go, mudkat! Ask, and ye shall receive!

Comment

Working...
                                X