Where to get live bait? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get live bait? Anyone?

I need big perch, small carp, buffalo, talapia gasper goo in the 4-12" range.

Would be nice to start off this next fishing trip with 100 good live baits!

I tried looking at places to buy but they don't look big enough. And the places are far away.

Anyone have a pond with too many large perch? Or a place to net or seine smaller carp etc?

Not sure where to find that kind of bait but I can tell ya that I’d be game to catching what ever you’re after with baits that size. Sounds like some you’re after some serious cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try calling Larry’s Fish Farm in Giddings. We bought from him a few years back when all our perch died in the middle of a big cat tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grimes co feed store had a fish truck yesterday it makes its rounds around feed stores they had shiners.

Comment

Talk to your neighbors that have tanks on their places. Put out a few perch traps. You should be able to catch a hundred or so in a day or two.

Comment

Sent you a text on a place in Robstown

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The perch and goggle eye in my tank are mostly smaller than what you're looking for, but I have thousands of pollywogs that size. You can have everyone of them and whatever of the others you want as well. Probably a pretty good drive for you though.

Comment

What kind of livewell system do you have to keep all of them alive?

Comment

I don’t know where you are but we buy a bunch of perch from a hatchery in Halletsville.

Comment

Hatchery or the nearest spillway.

Comment

I usually try to hit the little spillway in Three Rivers but people are always fishing there. And it's tough to not get the net hung up.

Comment

There's a bait shop out Hwy 149.

Comment

I could fix you up in Lamar Co. Brannons Bass shop in Powderly sells goldfish and carp by the pound. Best place to buy live bait in about a 6 county area.

You may try Wal-mart or a pet store and buy gold fish they make good bait for lines.

Comment

Get you a big tank and take Muskles up on his offer. Mud cats or the best.

Comment

The bait shop in marble falls used to have sell some decent sized perch but not sure if they still do or not. On the corner of 1431 and 281. The San Gabriel Park in g town is loaded with good sized perch as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X