Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gen 1 Kriss Vector owners ... you gonna want to read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen 1 Kriss Vector owners ... you gonna want to read this!

ok, so you own a gen 1 Kriss vector! what is the one thing you totally HATE about it!

my guess is going to be the trigger!

the trigger sucks , it has been compared to a bullpup trigger but i must say it's worse than any bullpups i've ever tried.

well, if you call kriss , they say gen 1 and gen 2 are not compatible but they are all about customer service so they will offer you a conversion to a gen 2 for around $450 to $500!

the down side is you lose the cool folder , and you lose the flashlight hole above the barrel.

they also said taking the firearm apart voids the warranty ...

My warranty long expired , and i like to tinker , so i decided to see what could be done about the trigger ...

after doing tons of research , i noticed the new gen 2 trigger packs look very similar, even though Kriss says they don't fit ... but i thought maybe I can re-engineer one to make it work ..

so i subscribed to midwestgunworks and clicked on notify when available on their gen 2 trigger packs

I missed it once , but on my second try this last weekend .. it was in stock! so i bought one!

it came in yesterday!

15 minutes later , i now have a gen 1 vector with a gen 2 trigger pack in it and it dropped right in and WORKS!

WHAAAAATTTTT ?

yup ..

they said the safety is in the wrong place .. no it's just the dot mark!
    Take some white paint and change red to white and it becomes a safety dot instead... problem solved

the trigger is still not the greatest .. but it's definitely going to be a game changer...

i'll take it to the ranch and do an "opinion" video ..

i'm so excited! this thing has been a safe queen for years because i hated shooting it with that terrible trigger ...

too bad I can't talk timney into doing a drop in for it like they did for the cz scorpion .. that thing on my scorpion is unbelievable !

anyhow if you have a gen 1 vector you hate because of the trigger ... the gen 2 trigger packs work .. all you need is a few hallen wrenches , a punch and a little patience ... it's not hard to swap out at all ... about as complex as doing a glock disconnector ...

my 2c ... video coming!
    Attached Files

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDmrFU9kX8"]Kriss vector Gen1 Trigger Fix - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Very nice. These guns have always intrigued me.

Comment

A Kriss Vector has been at the top of my wish list for a long time. I’ve always thought they were such cool little guns.

Comment

ordered a bunch of parts to pimp it out .. it sure feels allot better with the new trigger!

Comment

Working...
          X