Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice deer BW

Comment

Very little sign, no rubs or scrapes showing up yet, and little to no pictures. Its just a matter of time before something shows up. I might as well be sitting on stand when they do. Currently sitting now. Had a coyote start singing about 100 yds off. Been trying to kill him for a while.

I’m on a pretty small private patch with a large lease right behind. The rifle hunters must have put up a few feeders close by. I can hear them and they didn’t run yesterday. They are on 1000 acres and i heard three feeders go off not far. Competition moving in close. Hope the added pressure puts the deer on our 20 ac thicket. Its why i never go in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man it’s really starting to cool off.

So far I’ve seen a fawn and that’s it. I’d take seeing a pig just so I could fire a shot in anger.

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        Very little sign, no rubs or scrapes showing up yet, and little to no pictures.
        Same. Until 4 days ago my Reveal was starting to get annoying with all the picture notifications, but it’s sent so few here lately I was concerned it may not be working. LOL
        Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-17-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Got in two hunts this weekend and some time in the woods. Our water oak trees are dropping acorns consistently. Very little activity around corn feeders. If I was going to be hunting in the next week or two, I’d switch tactics. Also not much sign of the rut in north east Jasper County.

The weather was very good and I got my little one in the blind for the first time this weekend.

Comment

Saw some chasing activity for the first time this weekend.

It’s getting close…….

Comment

Young man that I’ve had the pleasure to duck hunt with over the past 10 or 12 years killed a stud this morning on a doe. 167” m/f 12pt with a couple of kickers.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                Young man that I’ve had the pleasure to duck hunt with over the past 10 or 12 years killed a stud this morning on a doe. 167” m/f 12pt with a couple of kickers.
                What county?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  What county?
                  Polk

Comment

Had a decent hunt this evening. I had my #3 target buck come out but he was on a slow leisurely cruise. Had 4 does come in to corn...was hoping that would stir things up but nothing came in on em. Had one heck of a sunset walking out! I'll be back after it tomorrow for an afternoon sit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Polk
                      Can you share a pic?

Comment

I was at our small high pressured family place in Caldwell, TX and had a terrible sighting of deer. Makes no sense with the cold-front and pressure over the weekend. What a strange weekend for everyone it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Had a decent hunt this evening. I had my #3 target buck come out but he was on a slow leisurely cruise. Had 4 does come in to corn...was hoping that would stir things up but nothing came in on em. Had one heck of a sunset walking out! I'll be back after it tomorrow for an afternoon sit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Awesome pic brother

Comment

Saw two younger bucks making/working scrapes saturday afternoon, but they're still bunched up in their bachelor groups. Watched 5 does pick up white oak acorns for over an hour yesterday afternoon. Target buck has been at the corn pile every afternoon, 5 mins after dark. Still think we're a week to 10 days early before I'll see any hardcore chasing or bucks bumping/checking feed piles for a hot doe. Nacogdoches County

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                              Saw two younger bucks making/working scrapes saturday afternoon, but they're still bunched up in their bachelor groups. Watched 5 does pick up white oak acorns for over an hour yesterday afternoon. Target buck has been at the corn pile every afternoon, 5 mins after dark. Still think we're a week to 10 days early before I'll see any hardcore chasing or bucks bumping/checking feed piles for a hot doe. Nacogdoches County
                              Agreed. That's exactly what I'm seeing on our place in Houston County. I had a 2yr old, a 3 yr old, and a 5 yr old all at the feeder together eating out of the trough at night this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                Very little sign, no rubs or scrapes showing up yet, and little to no pictures. Its just a matter of time before something shows up. I might as well be sitting on stand when they do. Currently sitting now. Had a coyote start singing about 100 yds off. Been trying to kill him for a while.

I’m on a pretty small private patch with a large lease right behind. The rifle hunters must have put up a few feeders close by. I can hear them and they didn’t run yesterday. They are on 1000 acres and i heard three feeders go off not far. Competition moving in close. Hope the added pressure puts the deer on our 20 ac thicket. Its why i never go in there.

Yes sir. That is what I'm hoping for on my property in Harrison County. Good luck this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X