Hunting property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting property

If you were to buy property just for hunting surrounding Texas, where would you buy?? Power & water not a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been kicking that around for years and still undecided but love the area around Leakey and Camp Wood. Not the biggest whitetail but absolutely beautiful, very game rich, the Frio and Nueces and very rich arrowhead country...a little bit of everything that makes me tick.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you wanting to kill big whitetails then buy a big south Texas ranch and if your looking for exotics then you can get by with smaller acerage in the hill country. Either way your going to spend some big money to get a big ranch. They is 273 acres close to me they are asking $10,000 an acre.

Comment

id look for property on one of the rivers in the panhandle

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
          If you were to buy property just for hunting surrounding Texas, where would you buy?? Power & water not a priority.

Not sure of your question. Sounds like you are asking about where to buy land for hunting somewhere outside of Texas, in a bordering state? New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Stetsonoverton View Post
            id look for property on one of the rivers in the panhandle
            Me too, I’d love a place that had a mixture of mule deer and whitetail.

Comment

I’d buy in the Whichita Mountains of oklahoma so I could hunt whitetail and elk within 3 hours of my house. Saw the biggest whitetail of my life up there this summer. He would probably be a 230+ inch nontypical.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                Not sure of your question. Sounds like you are asking about where to buy land for hunting somewhere outside of Texas, in a bordering state? New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana.

Thinking Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kansas or Colorado.

Comment

Oklahoma would be my choice if you live in north Texas. Message Darton on here, he has the scoop on the best hunting ranches. He has several good land threads.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Oklahoma would be my choice if you live in north Texas. Message Darton on here, he has the scoop on the best hunting ranches. He has several good land threads.
                    This is what you should do if you are looking in Oklahoma. But if you are looking in Texas call me!

Comment

Oklahoma without a Doubt, The
                      Dollar goes farther for quality deer
                      On sizable land..

Comment

Kansas hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                          Kansas hands down
                          I killed the last remaining deer in Kansas. There are no more deer in Kansas.

Comment

Louisiana is called the "sportsman's paradise" for a reason. Not sure I could live there, though...

Comment

Northwest Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                              X