Walk in cooler door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk in cooler door

Anyone know where to get one? I’ve done some google searches but hardly anyone will put a price online and they are all out of state. We are gonna be building a walk in cooler next year but want to start getting my stuff together. We would be interested in new or a good condition used door. Thanks in advance.

Refrigeration Gaskets Of Texas is one stop shopping on walk in components. Their website gives a complete list of what they sell. In Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Refrigeration Gaskets Of Texas is one stop shopping on walk in components. Their website gives a complete list of what they sell. In Houston.
      Awesome. Thank you.

Comment

I built one out of 2x6s and plywood filled with spray foam for my walk in cooler. Used garage door bottom gasket on the outside edge of the door to cover where the small crack between the door and wall. Used 3 big hinges. It is 8 years old and doing fine.
        Have a cool bot and it keeps it mid to lower 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
          I built one out of 2x6s and plywood filled with spray foam for my walk in cooler. Used garage door bottom gasket on the outside edge of the door to cover where the small crack between the door and wall. Used 3 big hinges. It is 8 years old and doing fine.
          Have a cool bot and it keeps it mid to lower 30's.
          I’ve thought about this as well. We are putting it in a shipping container so I’d have to build a frame but don’t think it would be that bad. If I don’t find what I’m looking for I’ll probably go this route.

Comment

I built my walk-in cooler and built the door myself. My cooler sits out in the sun and it stays in the low 30’s with a coolbot and a 10k btu A/c.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
              I built my walk-in cooler and built the door myself. My cooler sits out in the sun and it stays in the low 30’s with a coolbot and a 10k btu A/c.
              How big of a space are you cooling?

Comment

Doors are stupid expensive.. Call "El Campo refrigeration". They may have a used one for sale..

Building one would be easy and a whole lot cheaper..

Comment

Mine is 6’x8’ by 7 1/2’ tall. There are pics of it somewhere in the diy forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X