10mm vs 44mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    I was badly mauled by a Mt lion so I can tell you first hand what I think is the best option. Just my opinion
    I understand where you’re coming from there. Never had a grizzly or mt lion charge me but have lived out where they roam. Of course my experience isn’t the same with having been attacked by two different pitbulls. Those were obviously domesticated animals and smaller.

Tried to track a large mt lion a couple years ago near the Red River without success. Too much brush and other obstacles.

Comment

Dogs can be no joke either.

Comment

Comment

The reason you carry a 10mm is so you don't just get one shot.

For this hypothetical, why not just get a Thomson Contender in 45-70?

Comment

That would be the sporting thing to do

Comment

Glock loaded with buffalo bore…if he kills me i am getting as much lead in that fool as i can.

15 rounds of buffalo bore will make him think again before he goes and chews someone else up

I got one you can barrow if need be.

Comment

Which fame do you shoot better ?

I’ve shot the single six/blackhawk/super Blackhawk frame since 1973. 1911 frame since 1981. Under stress, competition only, I shoot the 1911 a lot better. If you only get one well aimed shot 44 all the way, if it’s a quick instinct shot and maybe a follow up, it’s a 1911 10mm for me.

Comment

I wouldn't rely on any pistol for browns personally and in a tight spot, I'd go with the 10mm for the extra shots headed downrange. If your talking back bears I wouldn't carry at all due to the weight.

Comment

You better have some custom grips for that 44 mag. That beast rotates a little in your hand for sure. Check out the video on YouTube of a man protecting his dog from a grizzly with buck shot. The grizz is charging while the man is backing up putting lead on target, the face. The grizz takes it , recovers, and keeps coming.

Comment

Davide Pedersoli sells and produces reproductions of Muzzle Loading Pistols such as Howdah Hunter of the product line Howdah Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                        I was badly mauled by a Mt lion so I can tell you first hand what I think is the best option. Just my opinion
                        I thought I recognized your photo. We get a lot of compliments on the whitetails you've mounted for us from the TADD Ranch.

This may not be the right thread, but you should post your story on the GS, if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                          I thought I recognized your photo. We get a lot of compliments on the whitetails you've mounted for us from the TADD Ranch.

This may not be the right thread, but you should post your story on the GS, if you haven't done so already.
                          Thank you sir. Tim has some great deer out there. Working on some of them now. I may write it up one day. I tell the story so many times during deer season when people bring friends in, I kinda get burnt out on it. Lol

Comment

12ga.

Comment

Shoot both, you will see the 44 blows the 10mm off the table. And I'm a 10mm fan.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing if someone has a chance they're going to try and get away. I don't know how easy it would be to run and shoot over your shoulder with a revolver but I think it'd be easier with a semi automatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X