DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fezo5398 View Post
    Brazos Hunter, my brother has been looking at building one of these boats, what would you say the overall cost of building one is? would you recommend building one vs. buying a ready to use boat?
    I built my hull for $5k. Today you could easily double or triple that based on material costs. I would build it again in a heartbeat vs buying a boat off the showroom floor.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      I built my hull for $5k. Today you could easily double or triple that based on material costs. I would build it again in a heartbeat vs buying a boat off the showroom floor.

Micheal
      Michael, Just an FYI, my son has now caught fish in 3 states on that fly rod you gave him. He says 47 more to go

thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Michael, Just an FYI, my son has now caught fish in 3 states on that fly rod you gave him. He says 47 more to go

thank you again
        That's awesome! We are heading south tomorrow afternoon and will be returning Tuesday if y'all can break away.

Michael

Comment

I was finally able to score a new outboard! New to me anyway.

I would a guy online that had a 2019 Tohatsu 20hp long shaft for sale with just under 10hrs on it. Just so happened he was literally 20 miles away so I jumped on it. We really wanted the short shaft but for the price, I rebuilt the diy jackplate. Solo I got her to 28 with throttle to go and backed off. Now I cruise half throttle doing 20mph solo and 3/4 with another adult! The fuel consumption (or lack of) is the best part. With a buddy onboard we went a total of 38 miles doing 20mph and only burned through 1 3/4 gallons of gas!!!

I deleted crapatalk or I would update pictures.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            That's awesome! We are heading south tomorrow afternoon and will be returning Tuesday if y'all can break away.

Michael
            Wish I could. I probally work this weekend.

Thank you though

Good deal with the new power

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

hilltop blind

hello

i'm Barney Atkin (hog daddy) i just became the third owner of the big blind at hilltop. blind is in need of TLC but definitely savable, wondering if we could have a conversation, have a few questions as i'm formulating a plan.

barney 210-287-2865

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                hello

i'm Barney Atkin (hog daddy) i just became the third owner of the big blind at hilltop. blind is in need of TLC but definitely savable, wondering if we could have a conversation, have a few questions as i'm formulating a plan.

barney 210-287-2865

thanks

Wrong thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                  hello

barney 210-287-2865

thanks
                  Iā€™m out of town right now but yessir, I can give you a shout in a couple days about my old condo stand.

Micheal

Comment

man, I can't build a birdhouse. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Comment

Oops!
                      Last edited by Bowyer; 07-26-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Great boat!
                        Last edited by Bowyer; 07-26-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

My hat is off to you Michael. That is an amazing achievement and you are right, you can really be proud of home building this. I can see where every single fish would mean more. I neither have the time or the talent to build one, but I sure wish I did. Maybe some day I will find the plans and patterns for a Haynie 25' Magnum and the ability to build it!

Comment

I just read through all of this build project. You have mad skills and Skipjack looks like a 30k rig. Great job sir

Comment

I believe I have decided to trade/sell Skipjack. She is absolutely phenomenal and not one thing wrong with her at all other than I can’t take the family out. Titles for the boat and 2019 Tohatsu 20hp with only 15 hours are clear and in my name. The newish trailer will come with a bill of sale only (how I bought it). She drafts 3” with two adults, 20lbs of ice, gear and six gallons of fuel and will cruise 20mph while sipping fuel. A buddy and I went 34 miles round trip averaging 20mph and burned through just a little over 3gal of fuel! I have no idea how fast she will go but, I have had her up to 29 solo with throttle left to go. The engine has been flushed after every trip out and the initial 10 hour maintenance was performed.

Right now I’m more interested in trading her for a Carolina Skiff or something similar. Located in Port O’Connor.

Micheal

Comment

Wish I had been that Buddy. ��

Good Luck SeƱor. That dang sure is one beautiful looking, very capable, little rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X