What to do with Youth Public Land Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with Youth Public Land Points

Has anyone had a chance at converting kids youth points to the normal categories once they age out of the youth category?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my daughter's first year applying as an adult. Her points didn't carry over into the adult hunts.

From my reading here on TBH they have never rolled over. Youth points are just basically lost once they reach adulthood.

Comment

My boys drew the chap last year after 6 years of youth points. Figuring my boys only have 3 more years before they age out and the chances are slim to pull it again, I asked Whitney if they transferred. She told me no. So I'm still putting them in for youth stuff but if she's right, they all just sit in cyberspace once they hit 17.

Comment

I do apply my kids for an adult hunt every year (same application I'm on). Started doing that a couple of years ago. Should've been doing it from the start. I try and apply for at least one hunt per category for them and try for the hard to get hunts (such as the Chap) or hunts that happen when they are out of school around the holidays. If they happen to draw on a hard to draw hunt we'd make it work and if not they get an adult point even though they are still youth.

My daughter's "adult points" are still showing up this year even though this is her first year to technically apply as an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          I do apply my kids for an adult hunt every year (same application I'm on). Started doing that a couple of years ago. Should've been doing it from the start. I try and apply for at least one hunt per category for them and try for the hard to get hunts (such as the Chap) or hunts that happen when they are out of school around the holidays. If they happen to draw on a hard to draw hunt we'd make it work and if not they get an adult point even though they are still youth.

My daughter's "adult points" are still showing up this year even though this is her first year to technically apply as an adult.
          It is my understanding that the points are assigned to the hunter based on the "category" not the age of the hunter. So as stated above, if you start putting your youth hunter in on non-youth categories (i.e. Gun Deer Either Sex), they start accruing points in that category. They will not disappear once they are no longer a youth age.

Comment

Working...
          X