No announcement yet.

Lowrance vs. Humminbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i have seen the Lowrance Live Target is every bit as good as Garmin livescope, maybe better. My new boat will have Lowrance 16's on the bow and console.

Comment

Anyone else? I think I'm more confused now than when I started.

Most likely going with a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor if that makes any difference to y'all on electronics.

Thanks and I really appreciate all/any opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        Anyone else? I think I'm more confused now than when I started.

Most likely going with a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor if that makes any difference to y'all on electronics.

Thanks and I really appreciate all/any opinions.
        To confuse you more I’ve ran a few instructional trips on boats with Ghosts and you couldn’t give me that TM! Give me an Ultrex all day long!

Comment

I have humminbird one one boat and lowrance on another. I prefer the lowrance units for ease of use. The boat with the humminbird has a minn kotta ultrex. If I was going ghost trolling motor I’d do lowrance for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Flip a coin, buy some graphs, then LEARN how to dial them in and what fish look like.
            Got a buddy spent $15k upgrading graphs and trolling motor, no idea how to use them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              To confuse you more I’ve ran a few instructional trips on boats with Ghosts and you couldn’t give me that TM! Give me an Ultrex all day long!
              I'm not hearing good things about ghost either. Fwiw my info is coming from people who pay their own bills

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowrance units and a ghost is my recommendation. Love my ghost

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                  Lowrance units and a ghost is my recommendation. Love my ghost
                  I have had 3 Ultrex and two Ghost, the Ghost is way the hell better than the Ultrex, not even close.

Comment

Good stuff. Can y'all tell me what you like or don't like about the Ghost?

Comment

Mine has the momentary on button programmed in to the lower left programmable key, I accidentally hit it and it will just take off, have come close to getting wet more than once, going to disable that feature on new boat. That is the only thing i can think of, everything else is really good.

Comment

Whatever you choose, you tube has tons of videos that will help you operate it. Shortens the learning curve.

Comment

For crappie Tv I run the Livescope transducer on the TM looking wherever I point the TM. The foot pedal turns too fast and sticks some to see good plus it’s harder to line up where to pitch my jig trying to look at that little arrow on top of the TM head. I like the Ultrex since the whole head turns and I can tell where I’m looking easier. Can’t comment on it for bass fishing cause I don’t bass fish but you couldn’t give me one for crappie fishing like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            For crappie Tv I run the Livescope transducer on the TM looking wherever I point the TM. The foot pedal turns too fast and sticks some to see good plus it’s harder to line up where to pitch my jig trying to look at that little arrow on top of the TM head. I like the Ultrex since the whole head turns and I can tell where I’m looking easier. Can’t comment on it for bass fishing cause I don’t bass fish but you couldn’t give me one for crappie fishing like I do.
                            Ya that makes sense. But I like chasing those green trout. I wasn't planning on getting any of that "live" stuff on the electronics though. Do I need to get talked into it?

Comment

Working...
                            X