River fries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River fries

Anyone ever make em? I think it’s when ya add sliced onion and jalapeños to the fries while cooking then season when their done. I’m not sure. I’ve looked online for a recipe, but found nothing. Post your recipe if you’ve made em before.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds good. I like to take the onions that fall from my whataburger and eat them with the frys.

Comment

Regarding the potatoes, are they deep fried or skillet fried along with the onion and jalapeños?

Comment

River fries

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        Regarding the potatoes, are they deep fried or skillet fried along with the onion and jalapeños?

Reg French fries , deep fried

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          Reg French fries , deep fried

Are the onions and japs deep fried as well? I’m having a hard time visualizing this dish.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Are the onions and japs deep fried as well? I’m having a hard time visualizing this dish.

Yes you put them in the grease right before the fries are done so they don’t burn. I just don’t know how much of them you put in and what to season with.

Comment

Can’t g wrong with Tony’s Cajun seasoning

Comment

I never did jalapeños but I put sliced onions in with my crinkle cut fries.I punt in my fries and then immediately put in my sliced onions about half an onion per serving of fries or a whole onion for myself.Salt fries and onions and dang there good.Saw my grandfather do this on a hunt trip 30 years ago and Ben doing it ever since.Every time I’ve done it at a camp every one loves it.I’m surprised more folks don’t do that.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                  I never did jalapeños but I put sliced onions in with my crinkle cut fries.I punt in my fries and then immediately put in my sliced onions about half an onion per serving of fries or a whole onion for myself.Salt fries and onions and dang there good.Saw my grandfather do this on a hunt trip 30 years ago and Ben doing it ever since.Every time I’ve done it at a camp every one loves it.I’m surprised more folks don’t do that.

This sounds delicious! I’ve never heard of frying onions or jalapeños raw, but I plan to give this a try next time we’re out at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearfork51 View Post
                    Can’t g wrong with Tony’s Cajun seasoning
                    I have recently left Tonys and moved to chupacabra cajun seasonings, it's amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      I have recently left Tonys and moved to chupacabra cajun seasonings, it's amazing!
                      I'm a Ball's Cajun Seasoning guy. Definitely way better than Tony's, I can't compare it to Chupacabra.

Comment

I do fries like that, but use bell peppers instead of jalapenos. I use fresh potatos and cut them all real thin so It just takes a minute or 2 to fry them in a deep fryer. Sprinkle with a little cajun seasoning after frying.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                          Chup is da bessssst

Comment

I do this all the time but i use beer batter on the onions and japs.

Comment

I throw sliced up white onions in my crinkle fries every time I cook. They get black and crispy and are the first things picked out of the fries every time. I batter sliced jalapenos and fry them as well and the real game winner is fried corn on the cob! I'm not a big corn on the cob fan but fried corn is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X