No announcement yet.

Jumping into Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a fairly new (3rd hunting season) trad hunter, I have to second the advice of starting off with low poundage. I think I prevented so many bad habits by starting with 45# bow. I shot every day, even if it was just for 5 minutes & 5 months after I started shooting I killed my 1st deer. Killed 2 does in 2020, 2 does in 2021 & buck & doe so far in 2022.

Comment

Thanks. I just ordered 40# limbs for my Mountaineer, should get them by Monday. Also made a change to gap shooting and switched to 3 fingers under with my anchor at my cheek bone. I think I have my gap figured out with my 55# limbs and of course will have to do it again with the new limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
        Thanks. I just ordered 40# limbs for my Mountaineer, should get them by Monday. Also made a change to gap shooting and switched to 3 fingers under with my anchor at my cheek bone. I think I have my gap figured out with my 55# limbs and of course will have to do it again with the new limbs.
        If you keep your arrow weight in grains per pound the same the trajectory will be really close.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X