Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some yesterday at it was terrific! Very much like ops’s

Comment

Could you use this same process for a roast, if I would let it rest for 4-5 days to give the tender quick and sugar more time to penetrate the thicker cut of meat?

Comment

For those of you that used tenderloins did you cut back on the cure time since it was a thinner cut?

Wanting to give this a try and am thinking of cutting down a roast into tenderloin size strips

Comment

Originally posted by rjs68 View Post
          Could you use this same process for a roast, if I would let it rest for 4-5 days to give the tender quick and sugar more time to penetrate the thicker cut of meat?

I would think so. The cure time would depend on the size of the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great will try it next time I cook a backstrap

Comment

Cajun do this, it’s called Tasso. You can use almost any cut of meat. Great in beans, gumbo,….

Comment

Originally posted by wfontjr View Post
                Cajun do this, it’s called Tasso. You can use almost any cut of meat. Great in beans, gumbo,….

No doubt [emoji106]

Comment

This looks good.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to give this a try! After the 3-4 hours of smoking at 120, what do you crank up your temperature to to get it to 160-165 degrees? Is it still low and slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
                      I want to give this a try! After the 3-4 hours of smoking at 120, what do you crank up your temperature to to get it to 160-165 degrees? Is it still low and slow?
                      I was thinking 300. Planning to cold smoke on my RecTeq using the smoke tubes then turn it on to 300 (unless the OP suggests another temp) to finish. Shouldn't take but an hour or so.

Comment

Awesome! I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to give this a try.

Comment

Im going to give this a shot also.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                            I was thinking 300. Planning to cold smoke on my RecTeq using the smoke tubes then turn it on to 300 (unless the OP suggests another temp) to finish. Shouldn't take but an hour or so.

300° will work fine. Whatever it takes. I usually run my pit at 275°-300°
                            Hopefully I’ll be able to do this in my neighbors smokehouse this year so I won’t have to babysit the pit so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post

Try to keep it below 120°. I watch and try to keep it as close to 100° as I can. You want lots of smoke, but not much heat during the first 3-4 hours. When the temp got above 100° or 110°, I’d open the firebox door to let it calm back down.

Comment

Got 6 backstraps trimmed up and curing now.
                                3 day cure, then a smoke bath Saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X