No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also a few replacements for the casualties from recent trips.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the picture got turned sideways, but started carving this shad glidebait a while back. Need to get that thing finished with some paint on it.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to see it when you get it done. That's pretty cool.

Comment

Worked up a new color last night. I was after something shrimpy looking. The past couple months natural/clear lures have performed better. This is pearl powders and hi lites with a drop of black and a drop of white. I'll give them a try soon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Like!

Comment

I would love to try these out...

Comment

Working on my next projects.
                Attached Files

Comment

This ones starting to take shape. I just put on a seal coat of epoxy so it's going to hang in the box and dry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had the time today to finish these two. They're made from maple burl. I filled the voids with clear epoxy and used wood dowels with the edges burned for the eyes. I put a little glitter in the top coat to make em a little sparkly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some good looking WOOD Sir!

Still fighting this dang flu, otherwise I’d be chasing tails my next days off.

Comment

I picked the worst week for vacation. looks like it's going to blow a gale all week.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          I picked the worst week for vacation. looks like it's going to blow a gale all week.

Please, hope for the better! I've got this week off, too!

Comment

One more in better light.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got this one done this week. It's another balsa slow sinker with a through wire harness. I used foil for the scale effects and did a little more carving on this one. It's almost big trout season so I've a couple more jerk baits to make.
                              Attached Files

Comment

One more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X