Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely done

Comment

Very nice. How are you watching the tv? Rabbit ears?

Comment

My goodness! That is one heck of a blind!

Comment

Now thats a nice blind!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
            Awesome, what do you charge for rent there? Think that's bigger than my first apartment!
            This is funny, sort of...
            I'm toying with the idea of using some of the old gutters off our house and building a rain collection system on the blind. For use with an outdoor shower! The thought has crossed my mind...
            Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            Very nice. How are you watching the tv? Rabbit ears?
            I'm streaming thru my iPhone. The TV uses an HDMI cable with a iPhone lightening connector and just plugs into the phone. With that, I'm just using cell service. The blind sits about 25' above the feeder which is in a creek wash so I have a decent signal available.

I also have a DVD player for use when there's just nothing to watch or the cell signal fades all together!
            Last edited by kmack; 11-14-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

That thing is crazy cool. Luxury suite!

Comment

Quick little update:
                My daughter and I have hunted in the Condo two weekends in a row now and it has been extremely comfortable for both of us. She's even napped....a few times!

Down side is she now wants me to expand! There's talk of a "back porch" using pallets for the floor and some light framing to extend the roof metal over the sitting area. Yeah, she mentioned lawn chairs for a sitting area. I stopped her when she mentioned adding on additional rooms. That's a rabbit-hole I'm not entertaining. Having built a temporary water system for the lease cabin recently, that may get moved over to the Condo once we get permanent water hooked back up in the cabin. The porch idea would be a great way to add sqft to the roof for water collection. I'm intrigued!

I'm already planning a few interior upgrades, mostly additional shelving & storage.

Comment

Nice build!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                    Quick little update:
                    My daughter and I have hunted in the Condo two weekends in a row now and it has been extremely comfortable for both of us. She's even napped....a few times!

Down side is she now wants me to expand! There's talk of a "back porch" using pallets for the floor and some light framing to extend the roof metal over the sitting area. Yeah, she mentioned lawn chairs for a sitting area. I stopped her when she mentioned adding on additional rooms. That's a rabbit-hole I'm not entertaining. Having built a temporary water system for the lease cabin recently, that may get moved over to the Condo once we get permanent water hooked back up in the cabin. The porch idea would be a great way to add sqft to the roof for water collection. I'm intrigued!

I'm already planning a few interior upgrades, mostly additional shelving & storage.

Did you ever insulate the walls? In your posts last year, you said it was difficult to heat. With a little insulation,
                    it shouldn't take much to heat it up in there.
                    Are you thinking about adding a shooting window to the backside?

Nice build though.

Comment

For insulation, I have old 2" thick foam panels from a dismantled box freezer in the ceiling. The only other insulation I have is 1/2" thick pink "Foamular" foam panels along the Southwest-facing wall to help control some of the afternoon heat from the sun on warmer days.

I did have some trouble heating up the place on cold winter sits early on beacuse I was using a small Coleman tank-top heater that was really too small. I've since upgraded to a Mr. Heater Portable Buddy 4k btu heater. On a 40*F night, I can heat up the place in about 10 minutes on the high 9k btu setting. The 4k btu setting keeps it comfortable even with a window open.

I want to do a candle-powered convection heater now so I don't have to spend so much on propane. But I'm still working on collecting all the pieces/parts for that.

No plans for a back-side shooting window. That would silhouette me pretty bad on morning sits.

I need to find an old, working propane-powered RV water heater...that outdoor shower idea from last year is sounding pretty good right now!

Comment

Working...
                      X