Pop up Campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up Campers

Do any of y’all use em the lease. I’m looking for a cheaper housing remedy at our property. Are the sleeping decks that hang out over the side waterproof? Just doesn’t seem secure to me. What’s yalls experience with em?

I wouldn't leave anything in one. I have used them before and they do ok for that.

Comment

If you can find one look at an Apache. Fiberglass shell.

Comment

I had one and would only use it in the winter. Not waterproof if you leave it open. Hot as heck in the summer. I think these are ideal in Colorado or in areas where its cold every morning.

Comment

Had a junk one I bought for 250.00 and used for 3 years on the lease. Cable system broke and left it up for those many years. We threw a big tarp over it and tied it down. It survived Hurricane Rita and other things and was a great little camper.

Comment

I used one for a while at the lease. I collapsed it down every time I left and re-opened it when needed (only takes 5 or 10 minutes). I had no problems at all with it.
            Mine was not equipped with A/C like many are, so it was not suitable for hot weather. A small heater would keep it warm inside on even very cold days.
            They are really ideal if you are moving around, as opposed to stationary. They are so much easier to pull and maneuver than a full-size camper.

Comment

Had a couple. Not a fan. Either too hot or too cold. A pain to set up and invariably leak.

Comment

I had a pop up when I was running my mule deer & pronghorn hunts out in the Davis & glass mountains

They are miserable during the day, comfort zone is 50-70 degrees
                Not water proof if left up over time

Comment

I think they all have a hard too on em don’t they? It’s the sleeping quarters that are canvas. My brother in law took an old one and made a deer stand out of it. Pretty cool.

Comment

We’re gonna stop by T&S rvs down here outside of Benchley on Hwy 6 north and see what they have to offer.

Comment

I had one. One of those off road ones with the rack on the front for a 4wheeler. Loved it, and I should have never sold it, but we went bigger thanks to adding two members to our family.

I will buy another one. Yes they are waterproof. Our's had AC and heat, and both worked well, but on cold days, the heater was always going, on hot days, AC was always blowing, and it was noisy. It would have been an epic elk hunting rig. Like I said, I never should have sold it.

Comment

Much better off with a small(18')hard shell camper for the lease. Popups are great for warm and cool seasons, but not HOT and COLD seasons.

Comment

Mine held up well in 2 different severe thunderstorms.

Comment

Hard shells gonna be a lot more expensive, but yes they will be better. In 1996 me and my father in law went hunting on a day lease. It was on the Salt Fork of the Red River I believe. Anyway, we brought along his Jayco pop up to sleep in.
                            It dropped to 17 degrees that night. I asked him when he was gonna kick the heater on. He informed he that he hadn’t brought a heater. We had a bucket of water to wash our faces in. When the alarm went off the bucket of water was froze, there was ice crystals on the inside of the sleeping areas. So yes. It was colder than a well diggers arse in that camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Hard shells gonna be a lot more expensive, but yes they will be better. In 1996 me and my father in law went hunting on a day lease. It was on the Salt Fork of the Red River I believe. Anyway, we brought along his Jayco pop up to sleep in.
                              It dropped to 17 degrees that night. I asked him when he was gonna kick the heater on. He informed he that he hadn’t brought a heater. We had a bucket of water to wash our faces in. When the alarm went off the bucket of water was froze, there was ice crystals on the inside of the sleeping areas. So yes. It was colder than a well diggers arse in that camper.
                              I took my popup to a Matador WMA hunt about the same time. It got into the teens with 15-20mph winds. It was enough for us to survive the night, but several times I thought about going to sleep in the truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X