X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are covered up, easily 20-30.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Plant some of these for your hummers. The flowers get to be over 12" diameter.
      After they done blooming and harvested you can eat the seed or use them to feed other birds especially cardinals and any bird in the finch family.
      Only problem is they are a squirrel magnet.

The Mongolian Giant Sunflower is one of the tallest sunflowers in existence! These massive blooms will grow from 12'-14' tall with huge 16"-18" heads that are full of Seeds. The Mongolian Giant produces the longest seed of any variety, measuring 1-1/2" long, and makes a delicious snack when roasted. Because of their so

https://www.wildbirdscoop.com/do-hum...0these%20birds.
      Thanks for sharing that, I would have never thought they would be good for hummingbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Plant some of these for your hummers. The flowers get to be over 12" diameter.
        After they done blooming and harvested you can eat the seed or use them to feed other birds especially cardinals and any bird in the finch family.
        Only problem is they are a squirrel magnet.

The Mongolian Giant Sunflower is one of the tallest sunflowers in existence! These massive blooms will grow from 12'-14' tall with huge 16"-18" heads that are full of Seeds. The Mongolian Giant produces the longest seed of any variety, measuring 1-1/2" long, and makes a delicious snack when roasted. Because of their so

https://www.wildbirdscoop.com/do-hum...0these%20birds.
        We planted Salvia which is supposed to be a big attraction to pollinators.

Comment

I think this is the most we’ve had, they drained this feeder in a day and a half. We have two other feeders out, but this is the one they fight over the most.

Comment

Awesome pic.

Comment

We have 2 that have been hanging around for a few weeks

Comment

I have 6 this morning at the feeder.

Comment

Bunch of them down in Rockport.

Comment

We have a new mom and juvenile...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      We planted Salvia which is supposed to be a big attraction to pollinators.
                      It is, I planted several and they go to them daily along with my feeder. My brother in law has 4 feeders on his porch at his place north of Junction. Has to refill them just about daily. 20-30 at a time there, just crazy.

Comment

I’m up to 4 for the year !
                        1 of them likes to just sit and guard the feeder from the rest.
                        Love watching the little things.

Comment

We are seeing more and more everyday now. Both feeders are picking up activity for sure. I shot this video and downloaded to YouTube earlier. Up to around 15 birds now between both feeders.
                          Sorry for the crappy video shooting through the window.
                          It's fun to watch these birds. They are replacing our entertainment since the purple martins have now all gone.

Comment

Lot's in Shiner and we love having them each year. They are driving me crazy this year as I find they are flying in boat barn of my barndo and unlike Pop's shops and barn...they for most part cannot for the life of them find their way back out if they come in. We have lost 3 thus far due to this and I left two in shop yesterday when I locked up (got 3 out).
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                              Lot's in Shiner and we love having them each year. They are driving me crazy this year as I find they are flying in boat barn of my barndo and unlike Pop's shops and barn...they for most part cannot for the life of them find their way back out if they come in. We have lost 3 thus far due to this and I left two in shop yesterday when I locked up (got 3 out).
                              I have this happen as well, open the doors and turn off the interior lights, they’ll generally find their way out.

Comment

I started with 1 feeder, then 2, then 3! I have been thru over 20#’s of sugar keeping my flying pigs fed! Not sure how man hummers I have but it is fun watching them.

Comment

Working...
                                X