No announcement yet.

Good low cost pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus makes good stuff at a pretty affordable rate.

Comment

Hard to beat a 38 Special or 357 snub nose revolver. Easy to conceal, easy to use, easy to load, cant jam. I have nicer S&W revolvers but my go to ranch pistol is a $325 Taurus 357 snub nose that stays on my hip. Gets dusty and dirty mowing on tractor but always works. Can load rat shots for snakes or lighter low recoil rounds for those who want them.

Offering single and double action with a 5-round capacity, the Taurus 605B2 .357 Magnum Revolver features a transfer bar mechanism that prevents the hammer from str...

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Most likely a holster. What kind I don't know for sure. She may carry around ear plugs but honestly I doubt it. But I've been around her when she sees a snake unexpectedly. Ain't nobody gonna be able to hear anything after the initial encounter over the sound of her screaming and cussin. By the time she gets back from running the snake may be gone anyway.
        If she is mowing she should be wearing ear plugs around already. Those lawnmowers may not seem loud but accumulative damage will get you later. I used to be a machinist and wore ear plugs many years ago. Coworkers looked at me like I was crazy or sissy. They probably can't hear thunder now.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
          Only thing better than a Glock 48 is one for each hand.
          Or a single SIG M18

Comment

The little Bersa Thunder 380 is a fun little gun. Very safe and reliable and easy to operate SA/DA. Not sure what they cost now. When I bought mine they were $300 + tax.

Comment

Small pocket size Ruger 380 is affordable and shoots good

Comment

Trigger pull on those LCP's are terrible. She might not be able to have any sort of accuracy with one.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Trigger pull on those LCP's are terrible. She might not be able to have any sort of accuracy with one.

The LCP 2 and LCP max fixed that.
                  I’ve owned all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Harratige with the 22 mag cylinder....22 mag shot shells..15 yards or so...and it has a safety!

Comment

I may get a PSA Dagger for myself. Seems like a pretty good buy. Then again I'd rather get that PSA 5.7 Rock. I don't know exactly what for but it seems like a fun cartridge. I always want guns when I start lookin though and I don't need any more.

Comment

PSA dagger…
                        Personally I’d just save a little more and get a Glock

Comment

Rock island armory 38 special revolver. Cheap but a good pistol. Make 2” & 4” version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my wife the MP Shield. It shot well but she seemed to have hard time racking it so I decided to get her a Judge. She can hit dead on target at 3-7 yards.
                            She did blow off the snake head at 3 yards (using Federal 410 9 shot) without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                              Where’s them $300. Glock 48s at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              LOL. I have one in the safe that I put in there since I bought it. Supposed to be a good gun but I carry my 43X. The 48 slide is a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                One pistol I was recently impressed with was a Smith and Wesson Shield EZ .380.
                                Low amount of force needed to chamber a round, light recoil, 8+1 capacity. Pretty much designed for those with a lighter touch, dare I say women, in mind.

I was helping a lady friend with her shooting and that's what she brought.
                                Shooting it back to back to small 9's and I could see the draw to a full sized .380.

Today's .380 ammo is nothing to sneeze at, I know I don't want to get hit with one.
                                My daughter has one i think they are great.

Comment

Working...
                                X