Palmers or Angelo Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palmers or Angelo Pellets

Checking protein prices in San Angelo and was curious on what you guys have had the best results with, TDN, and prices? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CDavis; 01-08-2019, 02:46 AM.

I use Palmers for most of my Ag purchases but we have accounts at both places so it just kind of depends.

Comment

I have always preferred Angelo’s pellets over palmers, deer seem to eat it better and it’s usually cheaper, I usually use their 17%. I also use Rowena milling for straight cottonseed pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        I have always preferred Angelo’s pellets over palmers, deer seem to eat it better and it’s usually cheaper, I usually use their 17%. I also use Rowena milling for straight cottonseed pellets.
        X2, they are cheaper most of the time and good quality.

Comment

I have fed both, Palmer Pellets (17%) and Angelo Pellets (17%) and have not seen much of a difference in consumption rates between the two. I do however mainly feed Angelo Pellets just for the fact that they are normally priced lower and I can get in and out quicker, most days.

As for as corn goes, both Palmers and Angelo are normally close in price.

Rwc

Comment

Give grogan’s a call too.

Comment

On a side note coons will not eat the whole cottonseed pellets from Rowena. $348/ton bagged, they have a straight cottonseed pellet amd one that has a little corn mixed in, both ate great nutrition coons won’t eat either one, don’t mix with regular protein, coons will take the cottonseed out to get to regular protein.

Comment

On a side note coons will not eat the whole cottonseed pellets from Rowena. $348/ton bagged, they have a straight cottonseed pellet amd one that has a little corn mixed in, both ate great nutrition coons won’t eat either one, don’t mix with regular protein, coons will take the cottonseed out to get to regular protein.
                Very good to know. Might just give it a try. One question, is the cottonseed pellet about the same size as the protein pellets?

Rwc

Comment

Yes same size but I will say this, we have had problems with flow on some feeders.

Comment

As far as cottonseed is concerned as a protein feed I have a question. Will deer eat just regular fuzzy cottonseed or does it have to be black seed?

Comment

Yes same size but I will say this, we have had problems with flow on some feeders.
                      Appreciate it, I was asking because I have a timed protein feeder that will hold a ton I could feed it out of but does not have a funnel system.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by muleycrazy View Post
                        As far as cottonseed is concerned as a protein feed I have a question. Will deer eat just regular fuzzy cottonseed or does it have to be black seed?

as is.....they will eat every bit of it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1500 lbs.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	24567018

Name:	IMG_2199.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	24567015

Name:	IMG_0687.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	24567016

Name:	IMG_0691.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	24567017

Before and after 1.75 months pic....

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	24567019

Comment

I will say this we have had some flow problems primarily during late summer when it’s really hot. The cottonseed pellets still have a lot of oil and lint to some degree and they mix it with molasses to make the pellet. It doesn’t cake or clump at all but in tube Tyrone feeders like old school all seasons or the big horn style I have had a problem with it flowing. In my timed protein feeders I have had zero issues and most that have a straight down tube it’s fine just those that have a angled extended tube. On my big horn I mix in some alfalfa pellets like 1/3 or 1/4 ratio. That way the coons still don’t mess with it and the dry alfalfa pellets helps it flow.

The nutrition on these are great, same as straight cottonseed but easier to feed

Comment

Working...
                          X