ILF Shelf Build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILF Shelf Build-up

In my meanderings and reading about various bows, I've strayed over into ILFs. Might want to get one as yet another toy or as a back-up bow.

The Hoyt Satori comes with the shelf already established. Just add thin rug. Easy! Now, just have to play with the strike plate thickness for correct center shot.

But, let's say I bought a Samick Discovery or similar ILF and want to shoot it off the shelf. How do you figure out how much to build up the shelf?
    Last edited by SJP51; 06-06-2021, 02:00 PM.

OK! I just found some info. Ya'll see if this sounds correct: "The bow maker put the hole for attching the plunger in the correct spot. Build up the shelf (or set the rest) such that the arrow centerline is at the center of the pluner hole".

Sounds right?

Comment

That I what I did on the wharf bows I used to have - used stacked leather.

Comment

I used a series of small plastic shims to build mine out and covered with fuzzy stick on Velcro. Now that it is tuned up and I know the thickness I am going to make a more curved wooden backer with the fuzzy cover.

Comment

Working...
        X