HB 1927 Passes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    Are you guys kidding? Now every nut case , meth head , homeless idiot, convict, drug addict, the list goes on and on and on, can find or steal a gun, and walk the f...ing streets with it LEGALLY. Yeah that’s the world I want to live in, and have my kids and grandkids live in..... And here’s another point, will those of us that follow the law, get the money back that we spent getting our CHL? No we won’t. We should.

Hate to break it to you but all those people listed are already carrying. Do you really think dopeheads give a flip about the law?! I see you have grandkids so you're obviously older, I really hope you're not that naive. Do you remember all the chicken littles when CHL were enacted, how about when open carry was approved or when they removed all the BS knife laws?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      Calm down there Lynn, lets not let your fear get in the way of our God given rights and freedom.

Its already illegal for a nut case to own a firearm, same for meth heads, convicts, and drug addicts. So are stolen guns.

Criminals dont obey the law anyways, they arent worried about it. Only law abiding citizens obey the law.

So take a deep breath and calm your anti freedom nerves. Im so sorry you were triggered by this great news. Just relax and re think this rationally without your uncontrollable emotions clouding your judgment.
      Thank you....I don't understand how so many "freedom loving" Americans, can be so scared of Freedom....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Thank you....I don't understand how so many "freedom loving" Americans, can be so scared of Freedom....
        Because they are liberal puskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          Texas leads again. Thank you state leaders.
          Not even close, we will be the 21st state with CC

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
            Not even close, we will be the 21st state with CC
            Texas led in the top 50%.

Comment

Are you guys kidding? Now every nut case , meth head , homeless idiot, convict, drug addict, the list goes on and on and on, can find or steal a gun, and walk the f...ing streets with it LEGALLY. Yeah that’s the world I want to live in, and have my kids and grandkids live in..... And here’s another point, will those of us that follow the law, get the money back that we spent getting our CHL? No we won’t. We should.

They have the guns anyway there is no difference.

Comment

Only the people who could legally get a CHL can legally carry as of Sept 1.

They didn't loosen any of the laws keeping people from owning/possessing a firearm.

Nothing is going to be any different.

Your CHL will still work on bypassing the background check for an FFL transfer so its not a total waste.

PS Homeless people are not all criminals and many of them should carry to protect themselves. Now they can without a CHL.

Comment

I dont believe I need a permission slip to defend myself against the people you mention
                  Last edited by flywise; 05-24-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

NOT LEGALLY. But as you’re probably already aware, criminals pay little to no attention to the law. Your CHL will also allow you to carry in several states that have taken away constitutional rights and not given them back YET.

Comment

I suspect this bill does not change the fact someone can be charged with Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon (UCW) if the person with the handgun is found to be engaging in criminal activity, Class B misdemeanor and above. We have people with an LTC that are carrying, and they get arrested for DWI in Fort Bend County, and are also charged with UCW in addition to the DWI, since they were allegedly carring a firearm during the commission of the DWI.

Comment

Abbot needs to sign it on the 6pm news and tell the judge from Dallas to shove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Calm down there Lynn, lets not let your fear get in the way of our God given rights and freedom.

Its already illegal for a nut case to own a firearm, same for meth heads, convicts, and drug addicts. So are stolen guns.

Criminals dont obey the law anyways, they arent worried about it. Only law abiding citizens obey the law.

So take a deep breath and calm your anti freedom nerves. Im so sorry you were triggered by this great news. Just relax and re think this rationally without your uncontrollable emotions clouding your judgment.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                            Texas leads again. Thank you state leaders.
                            Texas is behind many other states in having this.

Comment

Need to have this signed on July 4th !!!!! On T.V. !!

I will still get my LTC for myself and daughter so we can carry in other states if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                I would not count on it being exempt from federal law if the federal law says otherwise.
                                States have been violating federal law for sometime now already. Now we can debate the validity of the federal law being constitutional, but it's still happening. Drugs is the one that comes to the forefront of my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X