Outdoor fireplace and smoker combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor fireplace and smoker combo

The wife was saying she would like a outdoor fireplace. Anyone have one that is attached to a smoker too? All made of brick and attached to each other. Not necessarily using the same fire, a fireplace and smoker. Is is feasible to build it on your own?

I have one that was in place when I bought the house. I've used the fireplace maybe 1 time. Just too small in my opinion. In fact, I had a fire pit built to match and we wear that thing out. The smoker is not really indirect but I've gotten away with smoking a lot of ribs and even briskets in it. I just have to keep the meat on the opposite end from the fire.

I have more pics but here you can see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044-Edit 1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	24646224

Comment

I want a fireplace kinda on the corner of the patio, then a offset type smoker next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        I want a fireplace kinda on the corner of the patio, then a offset type smoker next to it.
        Gotcha. Outdoor kitchen style. I've wanted to figure out a way to make all of that fit in an outdoor kitchen some day.

Comment

We are about to build a big old porch with an outdoor fireplace. No smoker though. The fireplace to me isn't really where I want my vittles cooked. If it were me and I were set on a built in smoker, I'd make me a brick smoker. Put it off to the side a bit. Make it the right height to cook on.

Comment

my wife wants a set up like yours Casey, but i would like the smoker option on the end of it as ,

Comment

Thinking of something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X