Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My EU3000 did that...try a new plug

Comment

Try a new plug. Hondas are very bad about wanting a new plug. I don't care if it has spark, get a new plug

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same generator and I would take it to an Honda dealer for warranty repair. These are all computer controlled. The dealer should be able to plug into to see exactly what’s wrong. This model is fuel injected, not carbureted. Don’t let the small engine guy scare you away. These are one of the most reliable generators available (hence the price).

FWIW, I would take it to a Honda Motorcycle shop for service instead of a small engine shop.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          At that price point if you are DIY’ing the install, you aren’t far from the cost of a small propane-powered standby generator. Might be a better route to take for the way you are using it.
          That's what i am thinking. Maybe a 10K-15K Generac.

Comment

Do you have the vent open on your extended run tank?

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
              Should I have gone w/ a Propane Generator from the get-go? This would be my opportunity to take my $5200 and go get something else. I do have a 500 gallon propane tank for all my other appliances, but need to make a decision on which way to go...
              Man oh man, if you've already got the 500 gallon tank I'd be hard pressed to choose anything other than a propane powered generator. That eliminates a lot of gas can hauling and gives you a constant fuel source you never have to refill in the middle of the night, even with your external gas tank it'll still need to be filled. I think I'd take that money back while you have the chance and switch gears.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Do you have the vent open on your extended run tank?

I don’t have the extended run tank hooked up.

I hooked it up once - filled the gas tank and the external tank.
                Turned on generator and came back a couple hours later to gas spilled out all over the floor - I guess it was overfilling the generators main tank...

I just unhooked the external tank and put the factory gas cap back on the generator.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the current issues.

This is how I have it. Been running it with the door open for ventilation. I think it is adequately ventilated - but maybe that is a factor was well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by walker1983; 03-26-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

They make propane kits for those. I have one for the EU3000

Comment

If none of the above work, try to take off all your mods and see if it runs ok stock. If so, then you have narrowed it down to your mod. Looking at that pic I wonder if it is air intake/exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      If none of the above work, try to take off all your mods and see if it runs ok stock. If so, then you have narrowed it down to your mod. Looking at that pic I wonder if it is air intake/exhaust.
                      thanks - it was running like crap before the extended exhaust hose was put on, but I will look into the ventilation/air intake.

It usually sounds OK when it first starts - then gets to sounding crappy when after it has heated up...

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        They make propane kits for those. I have one for the EU3000
                        Do you have an idea of how much propane your 3000 burns per hour or standard run time?

I have a 500 gal propane tank, and that conversion might be a good idea for me.

From what i am reading, the big Generac's would burn through my propane tank fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                          It usually sounds OK when it first starts - then gets to sounding crappy when after it has heated up...
                          That sounds like vent constriction is possible, runs fine until it starts to build up a little vacuum.

Comment

Spark arrestor maybe

Comment

Just to note, It sounds to me if you small engine mechanic advice is out in left field. I really do not see the inverter making the engine run all wacko. There are a lot of folks on the RV forums that run inverter generators, heck, I have a Champion 8750/7000 open frame inverter generator with a hook up to the house and RV, no issues. Just saying......cC

Comment

After you get this mess figured out, go to nextdoor app and shop in their tool section. It might not happen over night but it will eventually. I bought a new Briggs& Stratton 8500 practically brand new for $280. I took it to a small engine service place and they brought everything up to speed for $50. Now I have a brand new badazz 8500 for $330. Go shopping!

Comment

Working...
                                X