• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, is regular rustolium ok for the stove case? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
      Also, is regular rustolium ok for the stove case? Thanks
      That's what I used. On the burner parts, I used silver header paint from O'Reilly's.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        What are the dates on them??

Still looking for 2— 61
        I have absolutely no clue. I'm not even sure where they came from, must've been my fathers.

Comment

Thanks golden eagle. Will have to pick up a can or two of header paint.

Comment

I found the model number on the old nickel font lantern. Says 228d but the ones online show a green font? Is this right? Think it's from the late 40s

Comment

Well have one check valve stuck open and one shut. Any one have a tool to remove them? Dont think a screwdriver is the tool for the job. In the grimes brazos county area

Comment

Well have one check valve stuck open and one shut. Any one have a tool to remove them? Dont think a screwdriver is the tool for the job. In the grimes brazos county area
                Look up old time coleman on YouTube. I think he modified a screwdriver to make it work. If i recall he ground the shoulders off the screwdriver

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                    This is the video (go to about the 30 minute mark):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdr3AaQ8rU&t"]How to Rebuild a Coleman Double Mantle Lantern Part I: Disassembly - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks that was very helpful.

Comment

Fyi. Do not use dance graphite packing to fix a valve drip. That stuff turns sticky and gums up a regulator.....
                        .ugh. also my bran new cl2 never fired wont shut off.....guess I get to learn about fuel approved schrader valves....

Comment

Hey all, I just posted a pre 1961. If i'm too high on price, let me know, i'm not an expert!

God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                            https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=804120

Hey all, I just posted a pre 1961. If i'm too high on price, let me know, i'm not an expert!

God Bless!
                            I think that price is a little hot for the condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              I think that price is a little hot for the condition.
                              ok, thank you! I will reduce it to 20.00

Comment

Anybody looking for parts or projects

Comment

Working...
                                X