X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe combination forgot

Anyone ever done this....

Cannon safe....

I moved it from the shop to the house and can’t remember the combo for the life of me....it was left here when I bought the house...

Anyone ever dealt with this....

Go through manufacturers or a locksmith

A good locksmith should be able to crack the code call a few and tell them what you need

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
      A good locksmith should be able to crack the code call a few and tell them what you need
      And then write it down somewhere and/or tell someone you trust the combination.

Comment

It has happened to me. I have several safes and even more combinations, codes etc etc in my head and drew a blank on one. I had to go to the manufacture and provide them with a serial number and an affidavit from the dealer of the safe that is was mine and they provided it. Of course when they did I remembered the combo instantly. It happens so don’t feel like the Lone Ranger . I soon will have a vault door that will have 2 more combos the remember.

Comment

I’m sure he gave me the combo when I bought the place , just never used it because where it was located.... as soon as I shut the door I knew I done messed up

I emailed Cannon Safe but I have no proof of purchase

Comment

It will hit you at 3:00 am. No worries

Comment

Any way you can contact the person you bought the place from?

Comment

Did I miss if it was combo or electronic? If it’s combo you should be able to call cannon with the serial number on the back of the safe, they can give the combo from that.

Yeah... Not sure how to prove Proof it’s yours though...

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  It has happened to me. I have several safes and even more combinations, codes etc etc in my head and drew a blank on one. I had to go to the manufacture and provide them with a serial number and an affidavit from the dealer of the safe that is was mine and they provided it. Of course when they did I remembered the combo instantly. It happens so don’t feel like the Lone Ranger . I soon will have a vault door that will have 2 more combos the remember.
                  This is good if it is a manual dial. Not if electronic.

Probably going to have a locksmith see if they can open, or drill it to get in and replace the lock.

Comment

Going through this process now with a cannon safe. I've got quotes from 350-750 for a locksmith. They don't pick it they drill it out. To go through cannon you fill out a couple forms with serial and model. One form gets notarized and you send them 30.00. Then they send you a master code for your safe. I got the code and it will not open for me. But I'm getting closer.

Comment

Get ahold of the guy you bought the place from and write it on the back of a picture frame in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bureau2 View Post
                        Did I miss if it was combo or electronic? If it’s combo you should be able to call cannon with the serial number on the back of the safe, they can give the combo from that.

Yeah... Not sure how to prove Proof it’s yours though...
                        It a combo...with a key in the tumbler....that key appears only to lock the dial from turning

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          It a combo...with a key in the tumbler....that key appears only to lock the dial from turning

Went through the same thing. I was able to call Safe company and they helped me out , since I knew the first and last number. I now have it written down in garage so that it looks like some measurements. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try this.
                            3 X to right to 12
                            2 X to left to 24
                            To the right to 12.
                            If that doesn't work try a different you only have about a million more combinations to try. This combination works on mime every time.

Comment

All my safes have the same combo. I change all of them to something that I can remember. Easy to change the combo with a special key you can buy on amazon.

Comment

Working...
                              X