Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good come out of 2020? Please share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is going to college, she has done most of her classes online, until she registered for UTSA. They showed online, they offered almost all of the classes she needed to take, as online classes. But when she contacted them to register. They told her the classes she wanted to take online, they did not offer online. The would not comment on why their website showed they did offer those classes as online classes.

We live a long ways from UTSA, she had two classes last semester that were in person classes, So she was having to drive to UTSA twice a week, after she got off work. The fact she works a full time job, then taking four to five classes a semester was really running her into the ground. Then add having to drive the distance she was having to drive, twice a week. It really was running her down. The covid crapola, got them to do all of their classes online. So she has been able to do her classes from home. That helped out a lot, before she was getting home pretty late twice a week. She only has one more semester, and then she is done.

I definitely could not, nor would not, do what she is doing. She stays up till around mid night, six to seven days a week, doing school work. She starts working on her class work, as soon as she gets home.

That is the only good I know of that has come out of this whole mess.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-06-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Awesome thread! I always try to see the positive out of bad things and this just shows the reasons why!

For me, this year has been a good one no matter what is going on with the outside world.
      - Wife and I celebrated 25 yrs of marriage!
      - Daughter came back home from college and did "distance learning" for 6 months!
      - Daughter was also accepted into a student teaching program for her last year in school that would pay her $15k over the next 10 months, and gave her a guaranteed teacher position for 3 years once she graduates in May '21. So she'll end up a college graduate that is completely debt-free and already has a job!!!
      - I still have my job in construction with a company I absolutely love working for!
      - Have been able to afford getting somethings worked on with the house.
      - Everyone is our family is still healthy!
      - All my vehicles are still running with minimal costs!

I'd say it's been a good year!

Comment

-Paid off Student Loans

-Paid off Tundra

-Checked off a hunting bucket list Item- 140 inch 8 point, scored 144 1/8 net 142 1/2. (spot and stalk at that)

-Caught a 20 inch rainbow trout in New Mexico

-Trips to the coast to fish

-Lots of day trips with kids.

-Got my two young ones into camping and outdoor sports

-Only the wife caught the rona

-Started a fun habit of randomly doing nice things for strangers. Mostly little things like paying for meals, drinks, sending food or supplies to friends that caught Covid. Doin yard work for neighbors.

-Got rid of DirectTV and stopped watching the talking head news. (surprised us how little we really need TV and saves us over 100 bucks a month)

-Some mature conversations with my 6 year old son trying to best explain what was happening in the world. He was and still is very curious about what is going on.

Can't complain too much. Family is healthy and happy and we are still around moving forward and trying to make things better for everyone.

Comment

This is a great thread.
          My 2020 had lots of up`s and down`s. But definitely want to give thanks for the up's

- Middle son got signed up for college and passed all his classes
          - The wife and I both stayed employed
          - Refinance on the house at a great low rate
          - Bought a new Silverado after 15 years driving the old truck

Comment

1. No acorns

Close 2nd... was able to continue working/paying taxes so Americans "and probably some non-Americans" could receive stimulus checks.

Comment

I married my Highschool sweet heart.

Comment

LSU Natty

That's all I got.

Comment

- I got to spend more time at home with the family instead of being 4 hours away for school since chiropractic school is year round
                  - I finished my first year of chiropractic school [emoji322]
                  - Got to go quail and pheasant hunting for the first time
                  - Got a chance to get back in the south Texas brush country for the first time in the last 3ish years
                  - Didn’t get the covi and finished off the year happy and healthy!

Here’s to 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gained a daughter

organized and hosted 1st TYHP bowfishing trip

my son and I both harvested our first Axis

both of my kids have started careers doing what they love
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a fantastic thread! Love reading through all the stuff being done by everyone, the differences being made in lives and how everyone suffered some but overall came out of 2020 in a good (if not better) place. Here's a few of mine:

- BOTH daughters got married to men much better than me (oldest daughter got married on our anniversary, and I presided over it)
                      - My finances survived the above
                      - Oldest daughter was accepted into LSU for her Masters, and is building a new home with her new husband
                      - Son engaged and started his own business
                      - Work could not have been any better than it was
                      - No one in my family caught COVID, but many of our friends did and all survived
                      - 3 freezers are filled with WT, Axis, pig, dove and pheasant
                      - Bought a small piece of property near Harper (see Axis above)
                      - Step Dad made it through Cancer treatment and is on the way to recovery (a second time)
                      - Seeing Curt finally successful in his rat killing

Dealing with COVID, the shut-downs and lack of toilet paper became an inconvenience but wasn't the massively deadly threat we all initially thought it would be. For that I will always remain thankful.

Oh, and lastly - I found and joined TBH this year.
                      Last edited by TxHamJello; 01-06-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling corrections

Comment

-Paid off F-250
                        -Paid off house
                        -Suspended International Travel since February
                        -More time at home with the family
                        -Got active and lost 35 pounds to get close to my target weight
                        -Caught more fish in POC than ever before since baseball tournament season was on hold for half the year.
                        -Son has 3 deer, 1 coyote, and 1 pig with his bow.
                        -Younger son caught the fever and will hopefully get his first kill this weekend.
                        -My dog is sitting on 253 duck retrieves for the season with a few weeks left to go.

Comment

I got a new boat and truck and won my first bow fishing tournament and it’s been a great duck season! Life is good

Comment

For sure!

Had a lot of awesome family time, went to HEB everyday to pick out dinner for the evening.

Took the family on several camping and fishing trips.

My business did better than ever.

Golf game improved and my bag got filled with new clubs.

Went on a great camping trip/white wing hunt at Lost Lagoon in El Campo

New COVID truck with 0% int

The list could go on but I’ve got hot food in front of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got accepted into saltwater slicks extended family and rtp was the ring bearer at my barmitzva

Comment

Working...
                              X