X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boone11 that is a great buck

Congrats

Comment

To any Seg B or Seg C hunters that have never hunted Hagerman before: If you plan to bring a bike, which a lot of people do; make sure you have either tubeless tires, slime tubes, or tube protectors and extra tubes. My brother used my mountain bike one day only and I pulled 8 thorns out of the tires yesterday when I was unloading everything. Luckily I was running tubeless tires on the bike and it held up great. On my fat tire ebike, I got a flat the first day even with Mr Tuffy tube liners. Best bet is to stay on the main trails with a bike. A lot of guys ended up pushing their bikes out (myself included) with flat tires. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
        To any Seg B or Seg C hunters that have never hunted Hagerman before: If you plan to bring a bike, which a lot of people do; make sure you have either tubeless tires, slime tubes, or tube protectors and extra tubes. My brother used my mountain bike one day only and I pulled 8 thorns out of the tires yesterday when I was unloading everything. Luckily I was running tubeless tires on the bike and it held up great. On my fat tire ebike, I got a flat the first day even with Mr Tuffy tube liners. Best bet is to stay on the main trails with a bike. A lot of guys ended up pushing their bikes out (myself included) with flat tires. Good luck!

Dang. I'm installing Mr Tuffy and some slime in my fat tire ebike this weekend. Was hoping that would hold up. I stay on the roads for the most part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
          Dang. I'm installing Mr Tuffy and some slime in my fat tire ebike this weekend. Was hoping that would hold up. I stay on the roads for the most part though.

What kind of ebikes are y’all running?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post

Mine is a 750 watt Ecotric and it worked great. I got it on Amazon for around $900 two months ago and added the rear rack and saddle bags, then modified it to pull my game cart. Amazon has a 1000w ecotric with front suspension fork for $1199 now. The extra 250 watts would be nice for steep hills and mine worked good on the Hagerman main roads, but having a front suspension would be needed for any bumpy terrain.

Comment

Mine is a 750 watt Ecotric and it worked great. I got it on Amazon for around $900 two months ago and added the rear rack and saddle bags, then modified it to pull my game cart. Amazon has a 1000w ecotric with front suspension fork for $1199 now. The extra 250 watts would be nice for steep hills and mine worked good on the Hagerman main roads, but having a front suspension would be needed for any bumpy terrain.

That’s a sweet setup! So I’m guessing in texas they are legal at all public lands? Oklahoma hasn’t approved them yet.

Comment

I should have known better, but took mine down the pipeline in Big Mineral on Wednesday before the hunt. They recently shredded/brush hogged the pipeline so it was clear, but I’m sure they chopped up a lot of thorns while doing so. I ended up catching a thorn in the sidewall above the Mr Tuffy liner. I stayed in the main trail the rest of the hunt and no more flats.

Comment

That’s a sweet setup! So I’m guessing in texas they are legal at all public lands? Oklahoma hasn’t approved them yet.

Yes, I think all allow them now. They are technically “pedal assisted” so I guess they are in their own class. They are a hame changer for gettting in and out quickly and quietly without getting sweaty before the hint. Honestly, I had to wear gloves and a hat in the mornings, because it was chilly riding in at 16-19 MPH, lol. Really solid for hauling a deer out as well!

Comment

Yes, I think all allow them now. They are technically “pedal assisted” so I guess they are in their own class. They are a hame changer for gettting in and out quickly and quietly without getting sweaty before the hint. Honestly, I had to wear gloves and a hat in the mornings, because it was chilly riding in at 16-19 MPH, lol. Really solid for hauling a deer out as well!

Dang, I need one of those then. Definitely would make life easier when hunting public land. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I built my own. Monster Gravity fat tire bike and Bafang BBSHD motor.

Comment

I built my own. Monster Gravity fat tire bike and Bafang BBSHD motor.

Nice! What did that run you if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

Nice! What did that run you if you don’t mind me asking?

Close to $2k. Bike was $500. Motor kit (1000 watt and included battery) was around $1300-$1400. Not cheap at all but a retail version of my setup is $4-$5k. You can get an Ebike for a lot cheaper if you go with a 500-750 watt motor and a cheaper mountain bike. Probably under $1k total.

Comment

Comment

What status does a user have to have to be able to post images on forums?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by DonBell1144; 11-10-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Nice buck Boone. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X