No announcement yet.

Show Me What You've Got: Sub-Moa Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t take many pics of my groups but here are 2 back to back groups shot my teenage son. APR 280AI built off Rem 700 action, his hand loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Tag...down my ally & would love to see a formal tbh short range shoot for bragging rights. All I got is a crusty 6br but should hang
      Sounds fun, let's do it!
      Maybe a couple of classes, factory ammo,etc.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I really miss it & would like to set up a better range at the ranch & start playing again.

Here's my 6BR & most accurate current rig I have in the line up...I've had 3 other full blow bench rigs. One heavy & one light built on Stolle Panda's & one other light switch barrel rig on a Hall.

Repeating the other link/post: This one is on the heels when looking at paper results compared to the full blown customs & sort of a interesting build from some time ago. The action was an experiment by Jim Borden in the fact he wanted to try sleeving the bolt. I really had no idea why he wanted to do this, but I'm always game & since his 280AI & the 2 other stolles shot so well, told him to have at it. He had the gun for almost two years before I got the barreled action back. I never bugged him and actually had the ppc's built quickly by him while he used this 700 as the test mouse. The stock was originally a 40x rimfire unit that a buddy of mine modified to work the bolt for a centerfire. It's no 3" flat BR McMillan but lies on the heavy side and somewhat similar oddly.

Again, Woody was Originally a ppc made with the same reamer as my Stolle's, then I started reading up on the 6br & decided wth, let's give it a little more gas & had Mike Bryant here in tx run the 6br reamer through it. Only real difference between these two cases is feeding it N135 vs the N133 for the ppc's.

It's one of those guns where you really need flags to wring out every last bit of accuracy. For those that have never shot a real accurate rig, making bug holes is easy on good days, but it's ALWAYS difficult to make those consistent screamers. You can see the one and only screamer group in the zeros in my profile / photo albums which was done from the light 10.5lb Stolle & most accurate rig ever owned. Shooting a screamer is difficult.

I like shooting groups but for this tbh deal we would likely need to shoot score due too no moving backers & keep the competition legit. It's actually very easy to think you got 5 shots in the group when only 4 have gone down range. even more easy to turn your 4 shot screamer into figure 8 with the final 5th shot. Backers keep you honest.

Will be hopefully working on a new range this season just for this...the current one my camp faces east & cannot really shoot till late AM due to the sun. The new good range will run North / South. Thanks again for starting the thread SSH.

This rig was built off my first deer gun being a 6mm Rem ADl with a 24" Hart tube, Jewell 1.5 & 40x wood stock that is pillared. Scope is a 45x crosshair & I use the 3 & 6 o'clock hold on the bull. Still gotta pull out the ole flags to do this right.

Comment

I’m hesitant to even post this because folks don’t believe it but...when my dad passed away in 2014 I got his old browning BAR in 270. I hunt with it every opening weekend and other than that it’s a safe Queen. The first time I took it out to check the zero this is the group I shot at 100 yards off sandbags with factory Remington Core Lokt 130’s. I’ve never shot a group this good before or after that with any rifle. But it’s always pretty dang accurate. And semi auto rifles have a reputation for not grouping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a few that I happen to have pics of handy.

My 6.5 PRC Ackley with the first production run of Hornady factory ammo was spooky accurate. Still regret not taking that 5th shot.

I did smoke a fly with it on the next range trip

A 260 AI for another TBH'r

Random demo rifle with factory ammo on its first range outing. This would have been shots 3-7 out of a brand new barrel, and typical of what we were seeing from Hardy barrels at that time.

Comment

Here's a couple more...

7APR at 1K in a pretty stiff wind.

Same rifle during load development. 5 @100

6 Dasher at 500 yds during load development. Not sure what it measured, but under 1/2 minute I'm pretty sure.

Comment

I've shot a few good ones but this is one of my favorites.

I shot this 25 shot group including foulers after cleaning while fire forming my 22-250AI.

APR built 22-250AI on old as dirt trued 700 action, tuned factory trigger with a 22 inch Bart and McM stock. Now running a 7 inch TB out front.
                Attached Files

Comment

The best one I can find. A true one wholer measuring .171 for 3 shots fired with a mod 52 Cooper in 280.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

GA Precision
                      Templar Hunter action
                      Bartlein barrel
                      Little ******* gen 2 brake
                      Manners stock
                      Chambered in a 6.5 PRC
                      Trigger Tech Special
                      Badger Rings
                      Nitride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10 Shots @ 100
                        308 Remi. 700 Rec. AICS Stock
                        Krieger CMG Barrel
                        JP Brake
                        NF 8-32x56
                        Timney Trigger
                        Badger Ordinance Bolt
                        Badger Ordinance 20mm Rail
                        P&H Bi-Pod
                        Berger 190 VLD-H

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                          Hey don't be hatin' on us amatures. I wish is could find the picture from that rifle with 3 groups of 3 that averaged just under .3 moa at 100. What I'd consider a quarter moa rifle with at load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            Hey don't be hatin' on us amatures. I wish is could find the picture from that rifle with 3 groups of 3 that averaged just under .3 moa at 100. What I'd consider a quarter moa rifle with at load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                            Come on now, it’s not that hard.

The middle 3 shot group was just a sighter.
                            Load development 243 Win shooting 108gr Amaxes
                            Started at lower left and worked my across then up and then to left with increasing powder charges.

Comment

Christensen arms 6.5 hairdo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

split group can be caused by a loose scope mount--all things to look at . All and all a good basic shooting, Best Regards!

Comment

Working...
                                X