Dale Sanford bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale Sanford bows

Anyone have any history on these? Just curious....
    I just picked up a 62" Winterwind, 54#'s @ 28. Pretty dang nice bow. Shoots very smooth.

Winterwind "Teton"

Comment

He's a close friend with the guy who built Sweptwing recurves. They both started building bows about the same time. Neither are building bows at present though I hear that 4feathers on here is building the Sweptwing line now.

Dale is located in Pasadena. From what I understand he bought a Harley and lost interest in bows and hunting and gave it up.

I did not hear if he kept his bow presses or not. From what I remember he built a 50's style recurve with a longbow type grip and old style straight limbed longbows.

I shot a couple and they were well made and good looking. I like the more modern limb styles and did not buy one.

I have not seen Dale in yrs but he always appeared to be a good guy the times I was around him.

Comment

Thanks for the info and yes it's a recurve with a hybrid recurve/long bow handle. It's a great shooter.

Comment

Any pics? Sorry but I like the 50's style recurves. :-)

Comment

I have one of his longbows. 50# at 30"
            Good shooting bow
            Usually the one I pick up just to do some shooting, work on the basics.
            Have not heard or seen him in long time.

Comment

I love it.. I have a Jack Kemp "Little Grizzly and a Black Widow TD also.. This one fit right in

Comment

I have a Winterwind Teton Recurve. It's a fine shooting bow. I'm looking for a Winterwind longbow now but they are hard to find. Took several deer with it.

Comment

Working...
                X