Looking for recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for recommendations

I know it has been discussed over and over on hear. I never really thought much about Deer processing locations. I process all my deer.
    I just have never tried to create the summer sausage, bucksticks, or dried sausage for the house. My son did tell me recently he wanted me to get some made. So here I am.
    Asking for recommendations to some good locations for :
    SUMMER SAUSAGE BUCKSTICKS DRIED SAUSAGE

I hunt between Devine D'hanis Hondo area off FM2200. So I will consider any processor in that area. In devine, on Hwy 90, in San Antonio, Hondo etc.

Thanks for the help.

Not what you asked.. but if you like doing it yourself, making the jump do doing sausage isn't too bad! I have had really good results using the kits from below website. The snack sticks and summer sausage are really good and fairly easy to do.

We offer sausage seasonings, casings, equipment, free sausage recipes and advice to the home processor, hunter and backyard chef.

Comment

Schotts meat market on 471 and Roth road. I also like Penshorns in Marion but that's quite a ways from you.

Comment

I really like the buck sticks/snack sticks/whatever they're called from Primo Processing. It's right off 90 in that area. I haven't had the summer sausage or dried sausage from them though.

Very familiar with that road. I've almost hit more than my fair share of deer driving down it at 5 am

Comment

I've had a deer done at Dziuks in Castroville and it was some of the best summer sausage I've ever had. Can't speak for any of their other sausages though. I've also heard good things about Primos in Hondo.

Comment

Working...
          X