Corn lbs per sq/ft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn lbs per sq/ft

Had this saved somewhere but can't find it. How many pounds of corn per sq/ft of volume in a feeder? Does 37 pounds per sq ft sound right?

Do you mean per cubic foot? If so, it totally depends on your corn to pea gravel ratio.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you're looking for. Sorry if its not

How do you measure a bushel of corn?

To determine bushels of grain or shelled corn by volume, calculate grain volume in cubic feet, and divide by 1.25 or multiply by. 8. To determine bushels of ear corn by volume, calculate grain volume in cubic feet, and divide by 2.5 or multiply by. 4.

Got that from h ear [emoji56]

This website is for sale! derthickscornmaze.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, derthickscornmaze.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Should be around 45 lbs./cubic ft. for shelled corn.

Comment

Yes. Per cubic foot. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bushel is 1.25 cubic feet. A bushel of corn weighs 45 pounds. 37 lbs/cubic foot sounds a bought right.

Comment

S]
              Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
              A bushel is 1.25 cubic feet. A bushel of corn weighs 45 pounds. 37 lbs/cubic foot sounds a bought right.

A bushel of corn is 56lbs.

Comment

There is approximately 40 lbs in a forty lb bag and approximately 50 lbs in a fifty lb bag. unless your buying it at Chumchal bros.

Comment

I have been using this formula for years to figure out how much bulk corn we need to order due to various size feeders and various amounts of corn still in feeders. Measure feeder. Ex: 36”x36”x36”=46656 cu/in. There is 1728 cu/in per cu/ft. So 46656 divided by 1728 = 27 cu/ft. Corn is 45 lbs cu/ft. Multiple 27x45=1215 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    There is approximately 40 lbs in a forty lb bag and approximately 50 lbs in a fifty lb bag. unless your buying it at Chumchal bros.:

I like your math.

Comment

Right at 45 lbs a cubic foot. That’s the value I use building my bulk feeders. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                      Last edited by spidermonkey; 01-04-2022, 08:40 AM. Reason: Forgot

Comment

Working...
                      X