Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I wonder if BK is hiring.

LMAO....I was going to mention this but I thought.....too soon?.. Glad you still have your sense of humor..

Good luck. Hopefully the AC is just something quick and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
      Sorry to hear that.
      Not to get into your business too much, but are you retirement age? Do you have 46 years now, or is that 46 years at the end of 2024?

He is a charter member of the TBH GOFs so that should tell ya..... he just got his 45 years of service paperweight or something..

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
        Sorry to hear that.
        Not to get into your business too much, but are you retirement age? Do you have 46 years now, or is that 46 years at the end of 2024?
        46 now. I'm pretty sure I'll be gone before the end of this year. Due to legal issues several years ago, I basically do not have a 401k. Burnt it up on legal fees. That's why I need a couple more years.

Comment

I don't know about the Dallas area but in Houston and SETX all I hear from machine shops is that can't hire enough machinist. If I remember correctly that is your trade? Should be able to find a job in this market if you want.

Comment

Prayers Up & Good Luck. Hope the A/C doesn't cost you what mine did.

Comment

I was hoping for two more, but they are going to start phasing out and I don't think us shop trash will make it to the end of 2024. I'll figure out something. I ain't never let my family down before, I ain't going to now.

My work has been trying to phase me out for two years now. I’m hanging on as long as I can, but I don’t see making it to retirement.

Best of luck with your air conditioner. Hope it’s an easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                He is a charter member of the TBH GOFs so that should tell ya..... he just got his 45 years of service paperweight or something..
                Durn thing won't even make a good trotline weight. The sucker floats!

Comment

I wish you were closer to the Beaumont area, if you are a machinist. I'm thinking pretty hard about buying a few machines and starting myself a little side business to piggy back off my full time job. We spend a lot of money doing simple machining, and someone like yourself with 46 years of experience would be very valuable to someone like myself!

Prayers up for the AC issue also! We got to our family lake house last weekend to find the capacitor was out and it was 94 degrees inside the house!

Comment

You earned it!

Comment

PM sent.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was Raytheon right? I didn't know they were hurting. Sorry to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          It was Raytheon right? I didn't know they were hurting. Sorry to hear this.
                          Raytheon Technologies. We merged with another company a while back.

Thanks to those sending PM's. I've got some things to work out so it may be a little bit before I can start somewhere else. I will keep y'all in my memory bank.

Comment

Raytheon Technologies. We merged with another company a while back.
                            Well I guess a lot of things could happen between now and 2024.

....In the meantime me and my group will still continue to protest outside your building until further notice.

Comment

Not sure that in todays litigious society, that was a wise announcement. Back injuries could sky rocket…….;(

Comment

Thanks everyone. A/C guy is coming this afternoon. Hopefully its a quick and fairly cheap fix. Jason, the teeth might have to go on hold depending on the A/C situation. I wonder if BK is hiring.

Maybe they are but breakfast cafes all around have hiring signs out. You can spend the rest of your years serving eggs sunny side up. The way nature intended.

Seriously though, one door closes another opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X