Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to rent ski house- Durango, Pagosa Springs, Or Wolf Creek.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.

Comment

I did a similar search two years ago. Closest accommodations I found to wolf creek were about 15 miles away. At purgatory (Durango), we used Vrbo and found multiple houses for rent within 1-5 miles of the slopes. It was a very easy drive. Not real big on the having to drive 15 miles to the slopes, especially with kids. Our go-to is Red River since the whole town is centered around the mountain and it’s easy to get to everything. With that said, use Vrbo and you should find a nice house very close to Purg. We loved that mountain, plus kids ski free. Family also enjoyed the Durango-Silverton train ride.

Comment

Comment

Up

Comment

Have you thought about going more north to say Breckenridge? Lots of condos right on the main drag with restaraunts. More infrastructure and if not directly in Breck, you have Keystone, Frisco, Dillon, and Silverthorne close to offer other lodging.

BTW, I dont ski.

John

Comment

Comment

Up

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by John K View Post
                    Have you thought about going more north to say Breckenridge? Lots of condos right on the main drag with restaraunts. More infrastructure and if not directly in Breck, you have Keystone, Frisco, Dillon, and Silverthorne close to offer other lodging.

BTW, I dont ski.

John
                    There’s definitely a lot more options for eating and places to stay in and around Breckenridge, but there’s also A LOT more people. Which is fine if you like that kind of atmosphere. We love the still, small town feel of Durango and much prefer skiing at Purgatory over Breckenridge. The slopes are much less congested and the wait times for the lift are much less, especially at the Base.

Op, I’m sure you’ve looked at VRBO and the other large rental companies, but you may try a local realtor. Are y’all looking to stay at the resort or in town or in-between? The Strater hotel in Durango has a lot of history and you feel like you’ve stepped off a stage coach in 1880 as you walk in the front door.

Comment

Wanting to stay close to the slopes.

Comment

Up

Comment

Up

Comment

Thought about flying to a destination?

Utah is by far my favorite. Brighton for low key or park city/canyons if you want a resort type place.

Comment

Looking for a place near the areas in my original post.

Comment

Working...
                              X